• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 Dodge Challenger H code 340

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesburgerhead69

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
340 H code

I have more photos for anyone who wants to send a e-mail address. Thanks "Cheese"
That is a good start on the photos. Please take a few more photos, like you were the one that was going to buy it. What pictures would you want to see? Thanks

jbearden

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a pretty decent project.What's the story on the Duster in the background?Is it a 73 340 car?Just curious.

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Send all of your pictures to Ramenth. Get them posted. A picture is worth a thousand words. It is easier for people to spread the word if they have something to go by. Just like you seem to be defensive about posting pictures, some people are timid about sending emails to people that they don't know.

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More pics

70 challenger 340 022 (640x480).jpg

70 challenger 340 032 (640x480).jpg

70 challenger 340 038 (640x480).jpg

70 challenger 340 043 (640x480).jpg

cheesburgerhead69

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1970 H code Challenger

Car also has new windshield installed. Anyone have a center cap for big bolt pattern 14" rally? Nothing pristine - good drivers condition would be great! Thanks, "Cheese" :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

KATSAAR

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is this car still for sale?
What are you guys going to do when the economy bails itself out!!

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why do you feel the need to make comments like this?

I swear, some of you guys either ignore it when I put up warnings on other threads for comments like this, or think it doesn't apply to you.

No more warnings.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What i meant was , its a good deal.
Why hasnt someone bought it yet.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are you guys going to do when the economy bails itself out!!

It is still for sale because the economy is bad. Not much is selling right now. Not even parts. When and if the economy bails itself out collector cars will start moving again. Another factor is the cost of rebuilding a car has gone up while the value is going down. I can buy a used Corvette right now that is as fast or faster than a T/A Challenger for $5,000. I still prefer the Challenger as do most of the people on this board. The rest of America that just wants a fast toy and has no nostalgia for the T/A or any Ebody will most likely go with the cheaper car. I remember when the 57 Chevy's demand went away as the people who grew up with them quit restoring them for whatever reason. I am confident that the muscle cars demand will not do a sharp dive like other cars have but the demand may be starting to fade. That fade may be restored when and if the economy comes back. I have bought and sold the muscle cars all my life. I have found that the muscle car market seems to follow the housing market. That is, if the markets are allowed to function on their own. In todays world it is hard to track where anything is going. I see three choices with selling a project muscle car. Have it for sale for a while until the right buyer comes along. Give it away cheap, or complete it yourself.

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What i meant was , its a good deal.
Why hasnt someone bought it yet.

Then you could have said as such.

"Why is this car still for sale" could have just as easily be interpreted as "why are you bothering selling it."

You could have just as easily posted "why hasn't someone bought this yet?" This is the internet. Inflection and body language can't be read.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why has'nt someone bought this yet.
only 2,360 were made

62BT409

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheese, if you want to shoot the pics to me I'll post 'em for you. PM me for an email addy if you want to go that route.

Actually, if you would just about anyone on the site, they wouuld be more than glad to post the pictures.

cheesburgerhead69

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guys, With the warmer weather I will get the Challenger out and take some more detailed pictures and get them posted soon, Thanks again for all the help!!

451Cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is still for sale because the economy is bad. Not much is selling right now. Not even parts. When and if the economy bails itself out collector cars will start moving again. Another factor is the cost of rebuilding a car has gone up while the value is going down. I can buy a used Corvette right now that is as fast or faster than a T/A Challenger for $5,000. I still prefer the Challenger as do most of the people on this board. The rest of America that just wants a fast toy and has no nostalgia for the T/A or any Ebody will most likely go with the cheaper car. I remember when the 57 Chevy's demand went away as the people who grew up with them quit restoring them for whatever reason. I am confident that the muscle cars demand will not do a sharp dive like other cars have but the demand may be starting to fade. That fade may be restored when and if the economy comes back. I have bought and sold the muscle cars all my life. I have found that the muscle car market seems to follow the housing market. That is, if the markets are allowed to function on their own. In todays world it is hard to track where anything is going. I see three choices with selling a project muscle car. Have it for sale for a while until the right buyer comes along. Give it away cheap, or complete it yourself.

Another factor to consider is that the interest in old muscle cars started gaining momentum in the '80s, when most of the new performance cars were very slow and had marginal build quality. As quality improved and clean burning cars got steadily quicker, people were becoming more content to just buy a new car and avoid the hassle of restoring an old worn-out car to have their toy. Now here we are in the new golden age of muscle cars, where a new performance car can be bought that handles and stops better, gets better mileage, is quieter and more comfortable, and in most cases quite a bit faster than the older muscle cars.

It's no longer necessary to restore an old car to have fun, and many people new to the car hobby don't even think of touching the '60s and '70s muscle cars. The only people that do so now are the older fanatics and the occasional young person that likes the styling or had a dad or uncle that was into the classics and grew to like them as well.

I'm actually happy that the value is dropping, and I hope it continues. Liked it better when they were just fun old cars, and not "investments".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back