• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A Pilot Car-First T/A Built for sale

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
NOT MY CAR!

just thought it was interesting.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For all you Mopar Fans on our site, a news article crossed my desk this morning, with info about the first Challenger. With the introduction of the 2009 Challenger, I thought it might be of interest.
It's the first off the production line in 1970. It is completely documented, well optioned and it has benefited from a complete nut and bolt, rotisserie restoration.

It is one of two known pilot cars built. Pilot cars are built before the initial production run to attempt to flush out any potential design or production line problems before the heavier volume production begins.

The T/A Challenger was designed and built to compete with the Ford Mustang and the Chevy Camaro in the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Trans-Am racing series.

The T/A Challenger standard equipment included a special 340 3x2bbl engine, with side-exit exhaust, fiberglass hood, hood pins, black out hood, special front and rear stabilizer bar, heavy-duty springs; power front disc brakes, remote racing mirror, a racing spoiler and T/A stripping and more.

This stunning and rare T/A challenger is finished in its original colors FC7 Plum Crazy Metallic and a black interior. It is powered by a numbers matching T/A 340/6 pack engine, a numbers matching automatic transmission and a 3.91 rear axle. Options consist of power steering, power brakes, rally dash, rally rims, bucket seats, painted mirrors, front chin spoilers, rear spoiler, and all of the special T/A appointments. This Mopar has benefited from complete ground up restoration by an award winning restorer.

It's for sale, it comes complete with a binder of documentation including a magazine article about this particular car, and it is listed in the Chrysler registry and the Challenger T/A registry.

I understand that offers in the $100,000.00 range are expected.

tn_344x344_Challenger-1.jpg

'71-Cuda

Reaction score
I'll buy it..... as long as I can get enough people to give me the money to get it. lol
That would be a cool car to have.

Back