• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 R/T Challenger 383/727 in FJ5

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisnben

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Original 1970 Challenger R/T 383 Auto on column, A/C, PB car in FJ5 Sublime green. The car needs to be finished. Currently in primer; driver's quarter skin replaced- all other metal is original to car and nice. The car has never been repainted until now. Fender tag present, no build sheet found.

The #'s matching 383 is apart, been cleaned and checked, still stock bore, stock crank journals, etc., nice 906 heads, etc. All the original components are here & in excellent shape- air cleaner w/ pie tin, exhaust manifolds, covers, pan, radiator, etc. that will save you thousands! The 727 tranny is gone. Previous owner popped a small hole for a E-body Hurst shifter (no hump added) and had a 4-speed in it (pedals are still installed if you want a manual). So, you will need your own transmission of choice.

The only metal work needed would be to re-do the incorrect placemnent of the driver's floorpan and re-install, and a small piece on each rear frame rail about 6" forward of the rear crossmember. The rear panel is rust-free as is the rest of the car. Yes, it is that nice. There's no scale or rust on any lips or seams.

We are missing the tail lights, backlite and exhaust tips. All other pieces are in great shape- stainless trim, door panels, seats & backs, grill, bumpers, rallye gauges, wiring, glass, A/C stuff, etc. (need new correct covers).

The car is a stripe delete with only the large center blackout R/T decal. Rallye 3-speaker AM 8-track dash (pad has one typical small center crack), rallye wheels and hood.

I have gone over the car an taken "inventory" of needed pieces for a restoration- inquire within- too much to list- just typical resto parts.

The R/T is a great solid car that has not been molested, painted or ever been "touched up", aftermarket parts, etc. Great candidate for a correct restoration! Save big bucks not having to replace all the components with reproduction stuff. In the end having a true FJ5 Sublime Green R/T, #'s matching car worth big money!

Clean WI title in hand. First $15K takes it, firm I can help deliver for a fee within MN, WI, IA, IL- or have contacts for shipping.

More pics coming this week. Car is in dry storage, rolling, steering. All parts are neatly tagged and organized. Please PM me here for more info, thanks. Located in Madison, WI area. Click link below for pics.
70 Challenger R/T FJ5 - Benjamin Lick

26231099_10213440999213691_3522282994351933082_n-M.jpg

Last edited:

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say good deal too if your capable of doing the work. R/T numbers matching Sublime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back