• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 barracuda340 intake

Joseph paul

Reaction score
hey i want to go with a holley efi on my 1971 barracuda 340 with shaker hood,but the stock intake is a spread bore and the efi system is square bore,i want to change the intake to a square bore?which intake would fit with the shaker hood?its a stock 71 340 engine
im looking at part http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/edl-2176/overview/
would this fit without any problems with the shaker hood ?
thanks

1971 barracuda.jpg
spread bore intake.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I believe the performer is slightly taller than the stock intake. You will still have room for the shaker. You may have to trim the spacer adapter ring if you use stock shaker parts. It is a hard question to answer. You still have the variable of the throttle body height. Many times they are shorter than a carb. If this is the case with yours the higher intake and shorter valve body could be equal to the stock carb and intake. Summit can give you measurments and the throttle body company will also have measurments. I am sure it will work. It is just a matter of figuring out how.

moper

Reaction score
I would assume some modification will be needed to the shaker base. Be ready to buy a 2nd one and leave the original alone. It might need some cutting and sectioning to lower it down. Or it might be fine. But you won't know until it's in your car.

Back