• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Challenger 340 RT

440six

Reaction score
Almost ready to be reinstalled, 3 years later

Jan302011.jpg

jan31.jpg

Last edited:

Bashton

Reaction score
My invitation stands to you for our "Class of '71" Invitational display at the Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals, November 19-20. You would be joining several '71 Hemi Cuda converts, a 440+6 Cuda conv, several other Hemi and 440+6 e-bodies, a Hemi Challenger RT, a Basin Street blue Roadrunner, several Chargers and lots of others. We need a 340 Chally to make the display complete! [email protected]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

hotrodsouth

Reaction score
Picture of Thermoquad choke

Great story and pictures. I have a 71 challenger 340/4spd that I am trying to get back to original with a restored thermoquad. My problem is I don't have the choke yet and I have not idea how the choke is installed in the manifold and how the linkage is hooked to the carburetor. Likewise, I don't know how the accelerator cable hooks up or how the plumbing is suposed to look. Can anyone provide any closeup pictures of an original setup? Also, where should I buy a choke and linkage components. This is my first Mopar...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

440six

Reaction score
Got the Polyglass tires installed today

DSCN0154.jpg

DSCN0156.jpg

440six

Reaction score
Coming along slowly but surely

Here's an update on where I'm at with my project. I was hoping to have it ready for Vegas but my job will not allow me to attend the event this year.

DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0210.jpg

Got the accurate exhaust system in, fit really nice,

DSCN3895.jpg

Got the marker lights in as well as the hood pins installed.

DSCN0256.jpg

Back glass finished

DSCN3920.jpg

Window channel chrome installed.

DSCN0261.jpg

DSCN0260.jpg

Starting to put the dash together.

TexasTorred

Reaction score
Awesome!! Absolutely going to be stunning when done! Thanks for sharing the pictures and steps in the process. Got to be so rewarding for you as you progress and when "the" first start-up and test drive take place...

71Challenger318

Reaction score
Wow. What a fantastic highly detailed job you have done here. Much better then my slapped together driver! Love the paint job. Is the interior green or is it just my monitor?

440six

Reaction score
Awesome!! Absolutely going to be stunning when done! Thanks for sharing the pictures and steps in the process. Got to be so rewarding for you as you progress and when "the" first start-up and test drive take place...

Thanks, the interior is coded H5F7 (H5= Highback seats, cloth & Vinyl
F7=Green)

btceng

Reaction score
I can't believe that I just found this thread. Very cool story and an awesome restoration. Very inspiring! Thanks for the detailed photo record.

Back