• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 challenger converted to 1970 ... VALUE HELP!!!

Joseph paul

Reaction score
hey guys ,there's a challenger down here which is a 1972 car but has been converted to a 1970 challenger. all professional work . 440 6 pack engine , serpentine belt drive , 4 speed manual ,PS , PB the lot . cars in very good condition .... how much do you think its worth guys?

IMG-20200311-WA0120.jpg

IMG-20200311-WA0125.jpg

BuckeyeCuda

Reaction score
The obvious answer is whatever someone is willing to pay...
But, if someone is looking for a numbers-matching car, Not Much. For a driver (and I always want to drive my cars), that someone wants to keep and enjoy, not much less than a true 70 Challenger.
Who Cares if the numbers don't match if you are going to drive, enjoy, and pass it along to your kids... Buy it and enjoy a Mopar.

Joseph paul

Reaction score
The obvious answer is whatever someone is willing to pay...
But, if someone is looking for a numbers-matching car, Not Much. For a driver (and I always want to drive my cars), that someone wants to keep and enjoy, not much less than a true 70 Challenger.
Who Cares if the numbers don't match if you are going to drive, enjoy, and pass it along to your kids... Buy it and enjoy a Mopar.

i get that , just wanted to know how much would you guys pay for it and as for passing it on to my kids ....this aint my country and will need to sell it at some point so aye

R4Sedan

Reaction score
It looks like a decent car. I would probably base it off what a '72 - '74 is selling at. I would have no problem driving it. I can't be much help on value. Because I just don't care much for '72 - '74 E-bodies. Best of Luck.

ProHemi572

Reaction score
I’m doing exactly that to my 73. Everything will ‘look’ 1970 including the T/A theme, so a ‘70 T/A Tribute’ it is......or will be. Mine will have a little ‘pro-touring’ in it too, which is a personal like for me. But that’s me.
Not sure if your value would be much higher, but possibly, since the 70-71 is MUCH more desirable than 72-74. So, based on that, it’s possibly a ‘bit’ more valuable than being a basic 72 or 73 or 74. I would say, having a 440 6-Pack & 4-Speed certainly helps!
I have my 572 aluminum hemi built by Tim Banning @ ‘FHO Hemis’ which adds to value, plus I’m converting to a Hilborn 8-stack EFI injection, which I hope would increase value as well. Soooo, I truly hope my 73 will be worth more in the end, BUT Lord knows how much more!
ASK yourself,.....if you have the money, could you ‘build’ one for the same price as the one you’re considering buying?? I’d hate to tell you how much I have in mine!!
‘BUCKEYE CUDA’ said it’s worth ‘what someone’s willing to pay’. That’s pretty accurate! Not sure where you go from there.

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Converting to a 70 look a like doesn't necessarily mean its worth much more than what it really is. But the market will be bigger/ more people likely to buy. Probably not worth the amount it cost someone to take a standard 73 and the cost of the parts and LABOR to do the conversion. In the eye of the beholder... no Blue book on this type of stuff.

Joseph paul

Reaction score
i get your point guys but this not being my country , i will have to leave at some point and will have to sell her .

Just want to get an idea how much would anyone here offer for the car if they were in my shoes

moparleo

Reaction score
Ease your mind and pass on it then. It shouldn't be such a hard decision. Always another car out there. I always told my kids that if you have to ask yourself if you should be doing something that your head has already given you your answer.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Ease your mind and pass on it then. It shouldn't be such a hard decision. Always another car out there. I always told my kids that if you have to ask yourself if you should be doing something that your head has already given you your answer.
But he’s in Qatar right now. I’m not sure how many more will come along after passing on this one and I’m sure he’s looking to just have a fun and beautiful car to drive and enjoy while there. The problem is that you are the only one of us that could begin to know how much you could get for it when you need to sell. I couldn’t begin to know if that car is worth 15k or 50k there.

Joseph paul

Reaction score
But he’s in Qatar right now. I’m not sure how many more will come along after passing on this one and I’m sure he’s looking to just have a fun and beautiful car to drive and enjoy while there. The problem is that you are the only one of us that could begin to know how much you could get for it when you need to sell. I couldn’t begin to know if that car is worth 15k or 50k there.

yup you're on point , just want to know how much you guys would pay for it if you were in my shoes

Knock Out

Reaction score
I am not wealthy so I need to spend carefully. If it is worth it to you buy it. I waited over 10 years to find the right car. Not saying you should do that. I enjoyed other cars while I was looking and actually made $$ on all but one of them by buying right and selling patiently. I am in total agreement with MOPARLEO
Hope this helps
Good Luck

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Here is my spin on it.
IMO, If you build one or buy one already built with the intention of making a big profit, you're probably going to be disappointed. The guy that built this one probably has that much in it doing a lot of the work himself. I know what it takes to put a car in that kind of condition since I built a 70 Challenger very much like that one back in 1998-2000. I didn't keep track of the costs but guessing it was about 30-35K. When I sold it in 2014, people were asking around 50K for cars in the same condition as mine but had to wait for the right buyer or sit on it for a long time. I didn't make any money on mine but I got to enjoy it for a dozen years and wanted to build a B body so I put it on Ebay and it sold in 3 days.
Not sure but this car appears to be a drum brake car and is missing the radiator, belts, hoses and other parts under the hood. What else is missing? How about the title? Is it legit? Lots of questions to be answered

Joseph paul

Reaction score
Here is my spin on it.
IMO, If you build one or buy one already built with the intention of making a big profit, you're probably going to be disappointed. The guy that built this one probably has that much in it doing a lot of the work himself. I know what it takes to put a car in that kind of condition since I built a 70 Challenger very much like that one back in 1998-2000. I didn't keep track of the costs but guessing it was about 30-35K. When I sold it in 2014, people were asking around 50K for cars in the same condition as mine but had to wait for the right buyer or sit on it for a long time. I didn't make any money on mine but I got to enjoy it for a dozen years and wanted to build a B body so I put it on Ebay and it sold in 3 days.
Not sure but this car appears to be a drum brake car and is missing the radiator, belts, hoses and other parts under the hood. What else is missing? How about the title? Is it legit? Lots of questions to be answered

its a 1972 challenger professionally converted to a 70 in the united states then shipped to Qatar. Nothing is missing of the car and it runs quite well .
im not looking to make money of it when the times comes to sell her , just wanted to get feedback of how much you would pay for her. also mopars are quite rare down here . i owned a 1971 barracuda and a 1974 roadrunner

Back