• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 Challenger Data plate and tag?

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
On the Rob tag here you can see the 1, 2, and 3. I think that is a different inspectors strip tag than the standard inspectors strip tag that is on the yellow challenger tag. I've not personally seen or held the 123 tag but it appears it is thinner in it's width.
Most of these inspector strip tags are cut off just like yours is as witnessed here on the yellow challenger. It seems they very rarely made it through the entire production line without one of the inspectors cutting the strip tag off. Or folding it and breaking it off.
Then of course you have years and years of people who are driving these cars who have cut them off as they are a forearm cutter when performing work in the engine bay.

doubleyellow febo.JPG

BS23R0B242411a.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Cuda hunter, thanks for sharing all the details on inspection tags! You definitely have a collection of them!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I only collect them to share the information when asked about it.
Somewhere I have a picture of a full inspection tag like the one in question but I can't seem to locate it. I will find it.

Back