• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1973 Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I bought this car to use it as parts around 10 years ago. The car it was supposed to be used as parts for was sold and this one was no longer needed. Since more and more restoration parts were becoming available I decided to restore the car. Now 5 years later I am needing to move from where I am. I take care of a daughter with health issues and just simply don't have time for the car.

It has a 70 front clip on it. All the body numbers match. I have the fender tag. It has a clear Florida title. The car is a 318 non rallye factory triple black car.

It needs a complete restoration. It has a lot of pitting. It was a vinyl top car. The roof is pitted but has no holes. The quarters are pitted also. My guess is that it was stripped of paint, covered, then water got to it and rusted the car. The cowl has a bad spot inside and outside. It is repairable. A replacement is not needed. The hood is bad. The scoops are good for another hood. The hood springs are good and tight. The fenders are not the best. The inner fenders have rust at the hinges and the battery tray. The front frame rails are good. The front floors have been patched. The rear floors are bad. The door jambs and hinge areas are all rust free. The area under the rear seat is good. It needs a trunk floor; trunk extensions; outer wheel housings; and rear quarters. Some of these can be patched if you want to take the time. The tail light panel and the rockers need work. I have another tail light panel and a pair of rockers that can go with the car. The rear frame rails need a small patch put into each side. The trunk lid is bad. The rear deck filler panel just needs a couple of small patches. The hinge area and the hinge braces where they meet the wheel housings are good.

All the glass is good. The window regulators are good. I am looking for the door panels. The seats are 70 and have good frames. The seat tracks are good. I don't know anything about the dash other than it is there. I didn't care because I planned to put a rallye dash in. All the A/C is there on the inside including the crossover pipe for the vent on the drivers side lower dash. The console body is good. The lid has separated and will need repaired. I have the trunk key and the ignition key. I don't have a key for the door locks. The wheels are the 15X7 cop car wheels.

The 318 in it was bored over .030 at one time. It has the heart shaped police car heads. I never ran it. The water pump was just put on when I got the car. It is the police pump and has never had water in it. I know there is a double roller chain in the engine. The trans is a 904. I never tried either of them. I was going with a 440 727 in the car. The rear is a 8 .75 3:23 open ratio. I put the rear in myself to take the 8 1/4 out of the car. I have no idea why someone put the 8 1/4 in the car. I know the gears are good. The pinion seal is bad and one axle seal is bad. The front has factory disc brakes. It has the factory front sway bar. I never touched any of the front suspension. It may have some wear. Visually everything looks good.

That is the best description I can give of the car. I may have forgotten something. Any questions just ask. The car is in West Palm Beach ,Florida. I'm asking $4,800 for it. You can reach me by PM.

Thanks.

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_8276.JPG
IMG_8283.JPG
IMG_8279.JPG
IMG_8276.JPG
IMG_8279.JPG
IMG_8279.JPG

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Matt. I don't want to part it. I would redo it but I have 3 other cars that are more desirable to me that are in line before this one. I'm only one person and doubt I will be looking at another 30 years to do these like I was when I got them. Hopefully this car will get a second chance to make someone else happy like the original owner was when they drove off from the dealer with it.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems as if the 73 has no demand in this condition. Soon I will end up parting it out.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dongei is going to save it. It will get made over with a few 70 parts. Much better than being parted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back