• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 Cuda wiper motor not working

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
I had read some information on wiper motors and looks like my old one was dead. I checked the terminals from the battery shown on some posts.
also noted if not grounded it will not work if issues were found there. I did ground from the battery to the ground strap on the wiper motor but still did work.
I bought a new wiper motor online from "A1 Premium" but installing that one it didn't work? I retested the wires from the switch low and high speed the the test light shows they are getting power. any Ideas what could be the problem? Thanks for the help.

IMG_1134b.jpg

IMG_0920b - Copy.jpg

IMG_0921b - Copy.jpg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Check the grounding strap on the wiper motor for ground. scuff it. Both ends and the threads for the stud.

Last edited:

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
Yes I did check the linage. I moved it by hand to make sure it was not stuck. It a new motor but I will scuff both ends who knows?

thanks for the feed back.

73Machine

Reaction score
Make sure your switch is grounding too. I just had a problem with my wipers thinking it was the motor and it turned out to be the switch that I had rebuilt had failed when one of the springs inside of it dislodged. 5 minutes later after taking the switch apart to inspect it I put it back together and was good as new.

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
After I re-cleaned the contacts (the inside contacts of the wires that contact to the motor) the wiper motor worked.
Thank you all for the suggestions.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Glad it's fixed and thanks for the update. It's always good to know when a solution is found so that it might help others and members aren't throwing out more suggestions at the issue.

Back