• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 Plymouth Cuda - B5 Blue

Titan1969

Reaction score
Just joined the crowd here and glad to be part of our passion to share experiences and info on Mopars.

I was raised on Mopars, spending a typical Sunday as a kid at the strip with my bag lunch in the stands, watching dad tweak the car for quarter mile times. Later as my career took off and money came in, I restored a few Mopars ('66 Fury Convert, '76 Road Runner, '74 Duster) and drag raced others like a 1973 Challenger w/727, 440 and 8-71 BDS blower.

Dad passed earlier this year and he had purchased a well used 1973 Cuda in 1990, 30 years ago. He brought this car with him to various homes over the decades, never drove it much as it always need TLC and eventually A LOT of TLC, however he was of limited means to take care of it. He did finally give the car up to a resto shop in 2014 however they only completed the bodywork before his passing.

So I weighed the back and forth of investing a lot of $$$ into the Cuda to bring it back to life and after about a month, decided to go forward and finish the project. I contacted the resto shop who was sad to hear of my fathers passing and was quite excited to move forward and complete the resto this year.

The Cuda is currently as Star Customs in Kent City, MI and I can HIGHLY recommend Mike Lantz and his team for any resto projects.
The Cuda will be 95% completed before being shipped to SoCal where I live and the Cuda can live out its days in a snow free, salt free, pothole free and car enthusiasts environment.

20200626_140044.jpg

20201016_110949.jpg

20201016_111044.jpg

72 blue 400

Reaction score
not far from me in michigan,have a 73 barracuda b5 blue getting started on,your car is stunning,dad would be very happy

gf7cuda

Reaction score
Nice job, get that done and enjoy!

440rush

Reaction score
Welcome, I'm glad you're following through on your dad's Cuda. It will be that more meaningful when it's finished. Please keep us posted with the progress.

CMC

Reaction score
Cherish the moment knowing that the driver's seat is a place where your Dad probably sat numerous times grinning from ear to ear...
My son did.
I'll never forget the 1st time he drove my cuda and I can't get that picture of his...pure joy...grinning from ear to ear out of my memory.

I'm sure your Dad was the same.

Titan1969

Reaction score
Cars finally home in CA from MI. Montway Transport always does a fine job of moving my cars and they did well this time again.

With the Cuda home, there is much to do. While the body work, engine, trans and major areas have been completed, there are many bobs and bits needing attention and TLC like a only an owner can fully complete. The short list :), temp gauge, gas gauge and clock not functioning, thermoquad needs some tweaking, interior panels, bulbs, seat covers, etc need replacing, missing radio and various little items, like the trunk lid torsion bar guide, etc

So a good long term project IMO.

Just ordered Sunpro Tach, Oil Gauge, cloth wire wrap ( has painless wiriing installed, going to cover up the colors of the wires with more factory look ), vacuum gauge for helping with carb needs.

20201214_080733.jpg

440rush

Reaction score
Good to see you Cuda is home. Looks like you'll have it on the road this summer.

fasjac

Reaction score
Very nice Cuda’. Sorry about your father. I’m glad you’re finishing it. As there will be many more good thoughts with that car!

Back