• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 Challenger

MGD7038

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have poked around this forum for a little while and felt now is a good time to introduce myself. I recently purchased a 74 Challenger that has been fully restored for the most part. I know there is a lot to be said for building a project over buying someone else’s. I currently have a project car, my wife’s IH Scout, and really can’t handle two. My parents had a 69 RT Charger when I was growing up and that car made me fall in love with the Mopar.

I’m at a point in life when I was able to get one and now here I am. I drove the car to my parents house and my dads face lit up as soon as he saw it. That made it all worth it right there.

Anyway a bit about the car it has a fuel injected 440 with a fairly aggressive cam in it. I’m not sure what the specs are though. It has Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads and a Victor intake. It’s backedd by a 727 with a 2800 rpm torque converter. Out back is the Chrysler Sure Grip with 3.55 gears ( I think).

I will work on getting some photos out.

There are a few odds and ends that need finishing. I’m really looking forward to reading up and learning some stuff around here.

4AEE77E6-C19E-4021-8A1D-CF133F42551D.jpeg

20D57366-60E2-4FA6-A9AF-BD0E7BBA5F50.jpeg

crazyhawk

Reaction score
Welcome! The '72-'74 Challengers are my faves. You have a really nice one. My '73 is stock but I also would love to have another where I can go ahead and build it up like yours. Have fun with that awesome machine!!

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Great car and a great story! You must have been lurking here awhile because you introduced yourself properly with a story and photos in your first post! Well done man...

Back