• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
Hello all!! New to the site. I've always been a Mopar guy, I owned several decades ago:

1975 Dodge Charger (my first car)
1973 Dodge Charger
1973 Dodge Challenger
1974 Plymouth Duster
A few early 70's Darts, etc.

Due to having a growing family, much too young, I ended up selling them all, unfortunately..

I always wanted to own one again...but never knew when I'd make that happen.

Three years ago a good friend who has several classic cars (1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS, 1972 Chevrolet Nova SS Clone, 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air, and a 1967 Dodge Charger) started allowing me to drive his Chevelle SS for our local Memorial Day Parade, and also invited my wife and I to some local car shows That's when the fire started to rekindle, growing into a roaring fire.

So, I finally found and pulled the trigger.

My 1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye

Rallye Package
360 4 barrell HP
Factory 4-speed manual transmission
Gun Metal Gray Paint (had to be special ordered in 1974)

I apologize that the picture is kind of dark, it really does not do the car justice. In the spring, I will update this with some better pics!!

Dodge Challenger.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome aboard , nice car I like that color!! Glad you won't have to borrow that Chevy anymore

AUSTA

Reaction score
Welcome from Australia.
Will look forward to seeing the gunmetal grey pic

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
Welcome aboard , nice car I like that color!! Glad you won't have to borrow that Chevy anymore

Thanks!! The funny thing about that paint color is that when I first went to look at the car, I thought the color was "decent/OK". But the more I looked at it, the more I fell in love with it...and on top of that almost everybody that has looked at it has commented on how much they love the color. Here's another pic, it's just a bit "fuzzy" but is a bit closer. These were the pics I took when I first got it home.

Dodge Challenger2.jpg

crazyhawk

Reaction score
Oh yeah, now that's what I'm talking about! I have a '73 in JA5 Dark Silver Metallic. When I saw the color, it just put the hook in me. I had to have it. I love the bright colors too! I love Challengers and Cudas in any color. Nice car!!

101_8520.JPG

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
Oh yeah, now that's what I'm talking about! I have a '73 in JA5 Dark Silver Metallic. When I saw the color, it just put the hook in me. I had to have it. I love the bright colors too! I love Challengers and Cudas in any color. Nice car!!

View attachment 45240
Sweet ride crazyhawk!! That's pretty much what mine looks like (minus the black painting on the hood) when it's at least somewhat sunny outside.

Does yours have two black stripes on the trunk?

crazyhawk

Reaction score
No, but that would look pretty cool. Tossed around putting a spoiler on the rear but so far I have resisted the temptation.

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
No, but that would look pretty cool. Tossed around putting a spoiler on the rear but so far I have resisted the temptation.
Our old '73 Challenger was also a (very faded) dark silver metallic, and it had the black painted hood like yours, but it also had two stripes painted on the trunk lid running from the rear window down to bottom of the trunk. They were equidistant from the center of the trunk lid, one on each side. It did look cool.

It's hard to believe it's been 23 years now since we owned that car. Wow

Back