• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

$200 340 worth it

spoolinhard

Reaction score
There is a 340 bare block and bare j heads for sale locally. The seller wants 200 for both. He says that it may need a sleeve, Im guessing that it needs bored to boot. 200 may seem cheap but beings the cost of repair I am wandering if I should jump on it. I already have 2 340's. Both are complete.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I would think that you wouldn't lose on it if you bought it but you might have to hold on to it a little while to make any good money off of it. I just bought a running when pulled from the car `69 cast 340 with X heads. Still assembled and complete from aftermarket intake to oil pan for $725 from a guy on FBBO and that included a floor stand that a crate motor came on that I had to pay the $100 deposit on. I couldn't pass on it at that price because the casting date is within a couple of weeks of the original 340 in my A66 car and I am still not sure if that block is going to check out ok. I have since taken it to the machine shop to get tanked and magged and if it does check out ok I'm fairly certain I could find something to do with the extra 340.

Back