• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 build ignition recommendations

Joemoy29

Reaction score
ok so I got my engine back from the builder. It’s a 416 scat stroker with a 285/.480 cam. I am going stock look and will be using HP manifolds and fully restored six pack. I am not expecting 500hp but I think it should make some good numbers.

I have always used pro billet with msd box. What does everyone recommend these days. I would like wires that look somewhat stock. The dist is kinda hidden especially with the six pack cleaner. Is the reliability and performance worth using something different than the regular mopar electronic ignition?

moparleo

Reaction score
If you want to use skinny wires (7mm) ? you won't get the benefit of hi energy ignitions as they will have a tendency to bleed and arc. Hi energy ignitions use heavy core wires because they have to. Pertronix is a good one out there.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I think what is inside the cable matters a lot more then the thickness of the insulation. I have NGK hyper silicone power cable leads on my non Mopar daily driver and they are only 5mm leads but have only 0.9k ohms resistance per meter and most other leads out there including those super fat 9mm ones have over 16k ohms resistance per meter. They have been on there for 3 years and it is running 17 psi boost and regularly see 8000rpm. The ignition system has as much power as any other so I believe the technology in the materials and method of manufacture are more important then the overall diameter.

Back