• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 Engine Rebuild

Matt L.

Reaction score
I am in the Austin area and looking to see if anyone has a line on someone nearby that can rebuild a 340. I've talked to a couple body shop guys and they said people that are able to work on these are becoming more rare by the day.

Any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

SteveLTCuda

Reaction score
I am in the Austin area and looking to see if anyone has a line on someone nearby that can rebuild a 340. I've talked to a couple body shop guys and they said people that are able to work on these are becoming more rare by the day.

Just had my 340 done by Jasper engine works. They do an amazing job and document everything, all steps from Disassembly to Dyno. They have a separate division called Historic (?), and a guy named Darren runs the division. Cost: 7K

scar426

Reaction score

Look on Facebook marketplace, there is a gentleman from Kingsville TX area (Just south of Corpus Christi) , Mopar Jim. runs Mopars of Texas, I have heard they do good work. (Just a suggestion)

Matt L.

Reaction score
Just had my 340 done by Jasper engine works. They do an amazing job and document everything, all steps from Disassembly to Dyno. They have a separate division called Historic (?), and a guy named Darren runs the division. Cost: 7K
Thanks. Do they have a location in Austin? I see that Google sasy they are permanently closed.

Back