• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 Fuel pump Question

Adam

Reaction score
I would go with the 3/8 size, and upgrade the line all the way to the tank. But 5/16 will work fine as long as you dont do extended full throttle blasts.. Also I recommend a pressure regulator. I had a brand new 3/8 mechanical pump of similar design and brand that put out 11 psi at idle! this overpowered the needle and seat, making it dump gas, and impossible to dial in the carb. I rebuilt the carb twice and then installed another before discovering the problem... complete waste of money and time.

Cudafever

Reaction score
Mine was the carter super pump. pushed 8 psi holley didn't care! when i put on a AFB, it didn't like it much.(5/16 line) Now i have a electric pump 3/8 feed line and a 5/16 return from regulator.
The carter super pump got me into the low 14's with my 340. and 8.20 (1/8 mile track at 6700 feet) with my 408. built the return and HV electric pump because i was afraid it would run out of fuel if i ran a 1/4 mile track.
My pump required me grinding on the block to make it fit. Nothing major, just basically removing some flashing from the block below.........I take that back, it was the alt. that i had to buy a longer belt and raise it up more to clear the physical size of the pump.

Cudafor36

Reaction score
I used the Holley pump and never have had an issue. 12 yrs ago. 3/8" original line but replaced it with a new one two weeks ago for my gen 3 install. Tube tech worked great.

Back