• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 Oil Filter Adapter

straightnener

Reaction score
Need assistance with my dad's 70 'cuda 340. He changed the oil and when he spun the new filter on, the oil filter adapter that is attached to the side of the engine block loosened. The bolt on there does not appear to be a standard size and we don't have a shop manual laying around. Does anyone have the specs on what size bolt this is? I measured it and it appeared to be 1 1/4", however, that size socket is slightly too big for the bolt. This motor is stock 1970 vintage... Thanks for any help...

pagilman

Reaction score
I think alot of them were aftermarket so the head size might vary. Try a 1 1/8, might work. I think it is a 5 point bolt, so put a 5 point 1 1/4 box end as a last resort. All you have to do is snug it. Do not put to much torque on it because I think mine is aluminum..........my stupid .02

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Are you talking about the right angle oil adapter? If so I believe mine was 1" 3/16". I remember it being sort of an odd ball size socket. I ended up borrowing the socket from a mechanic friend of mine.

Back