• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 6 pack value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
im not selling but someone I know is. It is a 1969 date coded hp 440 6 pack engine that has a vin stamp for a 1970 car that is compete from oil pan, exhaust manifolds, carbs, intake and air cleaner. Engine has not been rebuilt. But does turn over and has compression. Not 100% sure on bore size. Has 452 heads. Any one know the value in that condition? From what I have seen the intake and carbs go for $1,500 on eBay and the air cleaner for $500 but how about the rest of it and comeplete all together?

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Condition is everything. There is new, and that it easy to appraise. And then there is everything else. You might see a sixpak setup on eBay for $1500. but that has no bearing on the condition/price on another set-up. Was it new ? Was it a real , factory set-up or cobbled together ? Did it actually sell or was that the asking price ? Value of anything is based on demand, originality, condition, availability. The only way to estimate value to yourself is going to be based on these criteria. How bad do you want it? ( or need it ?) How rare is it ? ( how many of the same things are available ? ) How much can you afford ? To one person it might be worthless and the next guy priceless. If you are serious about the value, you must determine if that is what you really want and then you do research. Just like deciding on buying a certain T.V. or stereo system. You can value something on just the cost of each part and then total it up, but the price of anything a piece at a time will always be higher than buying it as a complete unit. Try to imagine the value of a car based on the price of every nut, bolt, washer etc.. to build it.

Luis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condition is everything. There is new, and that it easy to appraise. And then there is everything else. You might see a sixpak setup on eBay for $1500. but that has no bearing on the condition/price on another set-up. Was it new ? Was it a real , factory set-up or cobbled together ? Did it actually sell or was that the asking price ? Value of anything is based on demand, originality, condition, availability. The only way to estimate value to yourself is going to be based on these criteria. How bad do you want it? ( or need it ?) How rare is it ? ( how many of the same things are available ? ) How much can you afford ? To one person it might be worthless and the next guy priceless. If you are serious about the value, you must determine if that is what you really want and then you do research. Just like deciding on buying a certain T.V. or stereo system. You can value something on just the cost of each part and then total it up, but the price of anything a piece at a time will always be higher than buying it as a complete unit. Try to imagine the value of a car based on the price of every nut, bolt, washer etc.. to build it.
Yea I know what you mean but I'm just looking for an estimate. It is complete not rebuilt but turns over and has compression. I know it is rare and to find another that can go into a V code car would be hard. It is an original 6 pack engine not a 440 that was built into a six pack.

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An old saying says " don't believe any thing that you hear and only half of what you see" Just buyer beware. Sixpaks are not as rare as you think. It sounds like you are going to do a numbers matching type restoration. It might be a "real Six-pak" but it real value would be to the original car that it came out of. Otherwise it is just a trans planed engine and does not add a lot to the cars value. Never act excited when shopping for something unless you don't mind paying more than you should.

rklein71

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I sold a good running 69 440 that had a factory 69 aluminum six pack, complete engine for 4800 bucks. Heads were done by Mopar guru Paul Rossi. I think I did pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back