• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

472 Hemi misfire pictures

wcw

Reaction score
The last owner installed the hemi and drove it about 75 miles said it scared him so he parked it for about 9 years ( he was 75 at the time) said he started it every couple of weeks to hear it run. this is a mopar crate motor so i think it is a mopar manifold single 4, 850 CFM idles great also has a 3600 stall. vacum distributor and vacum is hooked up I sprayed cleanr around the base no indication of a leak there, idles at5-6 hg in gear, 30* degrees is when I move the throttle and the timing mark stops moving easy on the hard questions I'm a builder not a mechanic so alot of things I don't understand but I love it another thing on damp roads at 50 mph if you stomp it it will break the tires loose just before it starts popping. Sending photos as soon as I figure out how. Set up 004 (640x480).jpgSet up 003 (640x480).jpg

Set up 003 (640x480).jpg

Set up 004 (640x480).jpg

H-Pattern

Reaction score
Check/replace distruibtor cap and rotor. Could have a small hair line crack. That was a problem i had years back..

moparleo

Reaction score
Looks very nice. I see that you have an orange ignition box. These things are well known for ignition problems. I would try a different box if you have one around or buy another box. Stock ones are very inexpensive. I don't know where you live, but you might try to find a local Performance shop that can help you diagnose your problem. You may have more than one problem at a time. It helps to have the experience and diagnostic tools to fix these problems. If this guy was 75 and it scared him, doesn't mean it was running correctly then either. Idleing is not the same as being under load. A Dyno would be the best tool to tune from.

Last edited:

wcw

Reaction score
I live in the middle of nowhere so performance shops are out but I will try a new box and see if that helps also will check the distributor cap , thanks for your input

Back