• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

6 cyl vs. 318

aussiemark

Reaction score
I am thinking with every one using electric cars there will be a massive over supply and equally massive stockpile of crude oil so they will have to basically give fuel away just to reduce the burden of that stockpile.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I am thinking with every one using electric cars there will be a massive over supply and equally massive stockpile of crude oil so they will have to basically give fuel away just to reduce the burden of that stockpile.
I like the way you think but I’m still convinced the future is going to suck and I’m always going to long for simpler times.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Just my thoughts;
New technology gave us a reprieve on the availability of fossil fuels (fracking and other technologies) that made gasoline and natural gas more available.
So much so currently, that we now export more gasoline and natural gas then we import for the moment. (Notice gas prices still going up for us despite this factor)

Two factors are propagating electric cars; one is the pollution and amount of CO being thrown into the atmosphere. No matter where you stand on global warming, the pollution in the air affects our health (look at China and India where residents have to wear masks because of pollutants in the air) Anyone remember LA air in the 1960's or black lung disease suffered by coal miners?

Secondly, as technology advances, we will have more sophisticated self driving cars, and they will most likely be electric. The auto industry globally is moving toward both self driving cars and electric vehicles.

I too share Matt's sentiments and long for the old days.

I vividly remember plentiful muscle cars on the streets and .35 cent a gallon Sunoco high test w lead. (and a highway system that was not full of holes)
The future and the car and energy industry's are moving away from what us old timers remember. Many younger people do not see cars in the same way we see them.

(Think about how the original Model T changed how people lived and moved about at the beginning of the 20th century)
Progress and new technologies will always change the way we live whether we want it to or not!

Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
Couldn't help not posting this!
A slant six Challenger with power disc brakes.
I always thought slant six Challengers were a thing of beauty!
upload_2018-7-19_15-22-0.png

Back