• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

67 Dodge Polara what`s it worth?

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I am thinking of making an offer on this car I don`t want to say the asking price just looking for opinions on how much anyone here would think it`s worth if they saw it for sale. I looked at it once almost a year ago, now it`s for sale again by a new owner who didn`t do a thing to it. My intentions would be to do most if not all of the work myself keep it for a little while then sell it hopefully for a profit.Does this sound like a good /bad idea?
What would it be worth with the bodywork done and a decent paint job on it? I would just want to make it a solid driver quality car. I have no idea if the motor runs it`s a 383/automatic or if the car even moves for that matter. According to the seller it need`s new brake/fuel lines and a floor under the rear seat and needs lower quarters. I know it`s gonna need a hell of a lot more than that! How much does anyone think it`s worth in parts? I would hate to part it out and would probably sell it whole before I did that.
This would be a project for me after I get my Cuda where I want it so there is no rush to fix it up. I am going to register over at the C-body site and ask this question over there as well.

Last question is anyone even making aftermarket parts for this car? Specifically sheetmetal for the quarters and floors.

3kc3m03p85Q15Z25U1b6m5b9a75ee4f801fdf.jpg

3me3o03p75O45W15X1b6m641d5ffad4a11f07.jpg

3nd3ma3p35V35Z15P3b6m1ac489527a0f1e95.jpg

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
If you really like it, 500.00.

That was about more or less what I was thinking. This car is directly across from my brother in laws house now, so I walked over and looked at it. It`s got real bad frame rot,floors rotted,interior is tattered i`m sure the trunk is rotted too.When I looked at it a year ago the pass tire was flat and the car was just sinkin into the ground I couldn`t even get a good look underneath. The tailpipe is still plugged with dirt so I know this thing hasn`t been started. So after looking at it again this is really a parts car after all. My brother in laws neighbor "Dave" is asking a grand for this car "I think he`s dreamin!" I know the previous owner was asking $750 so who knows what "Dave" actually bought it for. I told my brother in law if he sees his neighbor I would take it away for $300.00 I wont lose any sleep thinkin about this one at night!
The first time I saw this car I met a young guy who was just sellin what was left on the property His dad had owned a junkyard untill he passed away. I remember seeing two 67 cougars one was an X-R7,a first year Charger 66 maybe? What was the first year for a Charger i`m not up on my Charger stuff. Also saw a burnt up Ferrari that was supposedly Joey Kramers the drummer for Aerosmith. Everything was pretty beat up but it was cool just to look around. I don`t know if anything is left. So I guess this Polara is really just an escapee from an old junkyard!

pagilman

Reaction score
Dan, I do think as Burdar does, that the amount of work, time and money spent, you would never get it out of the car. Not a big demand for them. IF you cAN get it for 300.00 it would be OK as the core engine and trany is worth that. Pull the drive train and junk it. Too many man hours needed for no return. Just my dumb ass assessment, Walt

Back