• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70-74 Barracuda buldge hood sought - not a perfect one

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm an active member on the A body site... Building a 65 B'cuda for my 16 yr old son as his 1st car. We're toying with the idea of grafting a buldge hood skin onto his hood for a custom look. I don't want to cut up a good original, but rather looking for one with rust issue on the bottom side and edges....and preferrably within an hour or two of Baltimore Md.... pm me if ya got one to spare that we can cut up.

Moparparts

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one about 1 hour North of Harrisburg PA PM me

Ray

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two if things don't work out with moparparts. In Philly just off I95.

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moparparts and I have talked (emailed) and My son and I will be making a Smokey and the Bandit run in early to mid January for the perfect donor hood to cut up....Should be a 6 hour round trip this time instead of the 15hr rounder we did last February around Pittsburg and back for his 1/4's and interior - THAT was a long day, although we did get a free lunch at Soma Pizza (thanks Mark!).... The things we do for our kids....... See you soon Don.

Thanks Ray, I'll keep you in mind in the event things go awry, but I think we're good....

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ray... If things go awry, I'll let you know...

Don - I'll be seeing you in a week or two...

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A big thanks to Ray and Don. We now have 3 hoods to work with... One is going to be a practice hood, and if it almost turns out, we'll cut up number two.... Number 3 is in reserve for another future project.

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been nearly 5 months since we made the "hood runs"for the donor(s)... We are to that part of this project to begin the hood-morph....Just about ready to makesome noise with the engine - just a few odds and ends to tie up there. So until we get those, we started on the hood morphing..... laid out andmade the initial cut on the donor hood, laid it on top of the 65 hood, have it all marked ready for trimming and ready to make the initial cuts on the flat hood..... No need for you E-body guys to get upset, the donor hood was in pretty bad shape in the rear corners...... Here's the initial eyeball of it.... I'll post back when we finally get it done.....

This is the link to the build as a whole.... http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1969998648#post1969998648

IMG-20130530-00100.jpg

IMG-20130530-00101.jpg

skeleton.jpg

IMG-20130531-00106.jpg

IMG-20130531-00107.jpg

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gents - We did not cut any of the original bracing on the 65 hood, and managed to maintain the factory brace that runs under the buldges near the rear of the e-hood. Flanged the e-skin and managed to get it'slip under the remaining 65 skin all the way around before taking the welder to it. From bothe the top and the bottom, it looks nearly factory that was never built by Ma Mopar... We are very pleased with the end result. The roundness of the buldges works very well with the roundness of the rear window. If things go right, time-wise, we hope to have it to our painter by the end of September.

Stay tuned.........

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a few odds and ends and we are done and on the road. The hood morph REALLY changed the attitude of the car as a whole. Now that it is in paint and trimmed out, the hood was definitely worth it!

photo 1.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

photo 1.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and the best full shot thus far - loaded up and headed to the exhaust shop earlier this week...

done.jpg

done.jpg

Ray

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you had doubts about doing it. Nicely done.

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you had doubts about doing it. Nicely done.

Thanks Ray, and others - lol

It was more doubts in my ability, as opposed to doubting wanting to do it. I impressed myself with it - haha

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent job! This is what makes this hooby go forward with ideas! Its too bad the lower quarter panel scoops (M46) are rare & expensive on 70 models. Like to see what a set would look like on there with that hood! Someone really needs to make a mold or something for these M46 scoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back