• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Chall Remote Mirror

KC 70 Chall

Reaction score
Hi New to the forum but have a 70 chall since 1974. My question is does anyone know how to tighten the mirror/glass on a Drivers Side NOS 70 Rally mirror? Thanks Keith

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I believe you have to break the glass to get to the screws behind the glass , the screw for the base to top is easily accessable from inside the base

72*birdman

Reaction score
I'm going to make a couple of assumptions on your post from what you've written. First I think its the passenger side mirror unless its a non-remote drivers side. On those I've seen 2 types one has a ball and socket that has 2 screws holding it in if you push the mirror glass all the way on the inside edge of the door you should be able to see behind the glass. if its that type you can get the 2 screws out with a phillips screw driver that has a 90 degree bend in it about an inch from the end. Its easier to get them out and safer for the paint job if you take the mirror off the car first. the first time out they are going to be very tight from the factory. once you get the glass off then you can at least get to the ball and socket. If its the ball and socket that is moulded directly into the mirror head good luck I'm still trying to figure that one out. with the mirror off I've tried mixing up JB weld and getting it in the ball and socket but its so tight you can't get it deep enough to make it last and its tough to figure out where the mirror glass needs to be. maybe someone else has had better luck but thats what i've tried.

Back