• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 CHALLENGER 383 Convertible Not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RzeroB

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I attempted to contact the seller days ago and have yet to hear anything at all, Will follow up again and see what happens.

RzeroB

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard back from the owner and this is what he wrote:

"Floors are solid, Trunk is solid, except for seam transition from pan to wheel house on drivers side. Has a 1 inch by 3 inch rust through. The car is solid, but has rust bubbles behind each rear wheel, worse on drivers side. Rust in driver side rocker at quarter seam. I pulled the carpet up and took pics of the floors. Car runs and idles, but needs to have the new trans installed along with the brake booster. With those 2 items done and front bucket covers, this car would be a driver."

Here is the fender tag for the car. Looks like it is nicely equipped.

P.S. sorry for the double pics - once I uploaded them I could not figure out how to delete one of them using the attachment manager :eusa_wall:

rsz_171_chally_vert_tag.jpg

71 chally vert tag.jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We need to see better pics of the tag as I'm seeing 2 in that pic, one overlapping the other. Thanks for posting it.

RzeroB

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to Bill today. He still has the car. He pulled the CL ad while he puts the new trans and brake booster in. Once he get the work done he says that he will relist the car. If anyone wants Bill's email and phone number just send me a PM and I will forward it to you.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here are a few more examples of stacked tags, maybe this was an uncommon practice from the factory.

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of us who missed the ad, what was the asking price?

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way beyond my means. No more questions! LOL

fm3426HEMI

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know the car was at carlisle awhile back, have pics its decent car, matching motor, non matching trans, wants 35k for it. i have pics of the car.. almost bought it, but dont want to restore a convert big money to do right.. for the money i dont think you can go wrong but to restore it will bleed you death.. getting driving fix nik naks and cruise, power windows, luggage rack, 3 speed wiper, rallye dash, power steering and brakes.. triple tx9.. oh and its an n code, no r/t in 71 buts the next closest thing.. low production. worth the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back