• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger conv

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I found this car in my area through word of mouth.

It is a 1970 Challenger 318 auto convertible that was fully restored some time back and used sparingly since. Owned by an older couple who are not really Mopar people.... they just like the car and use it to cruise to the Sonic or just take a ride once in awile. Kept in a climate controled garage and covered. they have decided to sell it. They first quoted $45K and I said thanks for showing it to me... Now asking 40K ...... Offer....?

The car is an original 318 auto, (claims numbers match...I didn't check). with very few options.... am radio, power top.... road wheels. It is Plum crazy with black interior and top, (original combo). Aside from the fender tag there is no other documentation with the car. They aquired the car already completed and knew little about the history of it.

I looked the car over pretty good . All the pans appear to have been replaced, (reproduction sheet metal), 1/4's were worked on but well done. Interior is all legendary and very nice, (interior panels, dash pad, steering wheel dash... all very nice and OEM.) Engine compartment and trunk appear OEM).

It's a turn key drive and enjoy now car. Probably worth the $40K.

If anyone is interested contact me at [email protected] and i'll put you in touch with the owners.

Will.

70 challenger conv left side (Medium).jpg

70 challenger conv right quarter (Medium).jpg

70 challenger conv interior (Medium).jpg

70 challenger conv rear (Medium).jpg

70 challenger conv trunk open (Medium).jpg

70 challenger conv tag (Medium).jpg

70 challenger conv engine (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You don't see them in this configuration much anymore, usually the resto mod has been done to the /6 and 318 cars, or at least a big block transplant. Very nice, they must not be trying too hard to sell it.

bluefury361

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original/restro mod....

Very true, It's so tempting, and so easy to scrap the 6/318 in favor of a big block. That theory is lost on me. I'm much more impressed by this car then the sea of restro-mods out there. This car with the 318 is such a pleasure to drive. And runs great on regular gas while pulling down 17-20 MPG. This is a drivers car and when rolling down the back roads on the way to the beach with the top laid back.... No one cares if it has a 6 or big block....!

This is the only venue the car has been offered for sale, aside from word of mouth. The older couple who own it are not really into the old car scene, The lady just liked the purple. The gentleman isn't real computor savy and I offered to list the car here for him. If sold then someone will get a very nice, restored to original, Challenger. If not sold then it will stay in their garage and make a couple trips to the ice cream stand a year.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably will be for a while too. I don't see anything close to that price for a 318 rag top Challenger in this ecomony!
I agree. Tell them to keep enjoying the car. It looks as if they are good to it even if they are not "Mopar" people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back