• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 challenger floor pan question

MyR/T

Reaction score
I will be getting my challenger back from the body shop soon and will be ready to start on the floor pans. I will be replacing the full front floor pan and the two rear foot well pans. (Already purchaced from AMD). Under braces are solid so they will be left in place. My question is do I need to brace the body or not. I've had people tell me both ways so I'm not really sure what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

Adam

Reaction score
Either have it sitting on all four wheels, or support it evenly on jack stands. Make sure it is even!

If you have ever considered it, now is a good time to add torque boxes and sub frame connectors

aussiemark

Reaction score
I agree with Adam as long as your sills are solid and the roof structure is in place it should be ok. I have all my floor pans removed at the moment and the doors still open and close normally and all the gaps are the same as before so these are good signs.

chickendeluxe

Reaction score
Have you ordered you pans? Most 70 up B and E are back ordered til 9/18/18 per most sites!
I got lucky and bought the last Sherman drivers for a 72 RR Monday.

Pan just came. Wait for the AMD!!!!!....this thing doesnt present well,

Last edited:

MyR/T

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate all the help. I already have AMD pans that I had ordered a couple months back when I ordered my quarter panels. The shop replaced both quarters, tail panel, filler panel, and drop offs. All AMD. They said all fit really well overall. Only issue, they had to add a 1" strip to the top of both quarters where they meet the roof. I'll post some pics when I get it back. Thanks

MyR/T

Reaction score
Either have it sitting on all four wheels, or support it evenly on jack stands. Make sure it is even!

If you have ever considered it, now is a good time to add torque boxes and sub frame connectors
Any particular brand of subframe connectors better than others.

Back