• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger Seat Belts

Dan Knut

Reaction score
70 Challenger with original black seat belts that are looking tattered. I want to retain original look. Does anyone reproduce them or do most people have the old ones restored. If restored, is there a vendor of preference ? I am scepticle of off shore reproduced parts. Some are good, many are not.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Bought mine from Classic Industries look the part good . They are not date coded if that’s what your looking for though.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
There are many reproduction options available online if that's the route you choose. They are not cheap but restoring your originals may be even more costly depending on the quality of work and level of detail you want. Just Google "1970 Challenger seat belts" and you will see several aftermarket vendors, most of which are likely selling the same product.

Although I have not used them, I have heard nothing but good things about this company for seat belt restoration: www.ssnake-oyl.com

If you PM me, I can definitely tell you who NOT to use for seat belt restoration based on a personal experience. I say PM because I at least want to be polite and not publicly trash a certain vendor...

budascuda

Reaction score
Hey Grady,
I knew it ! ...
By the way you thanked the certain vendor in your
message , i knew you were miffed.

Not too many people got that, it was subtle ( perhaps a little too subtle), yet seemed perfectly polite!

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Hey Grady,
I knew it ! ...
By the way you thanked the certain vendor in your
message , i knew you were miffed.

Not too many people got that, it was subtle ( perhaps a little too subtle), yet seemed perfectly polite!

I must be missing something as I'm not sure I understand your post. There was absolutely no allusion (subtle or otherwise) to the vendor I had a personal disappointing experience with in that post. One thing I should not have done is use the word "trash" in my post. While the OP did PM me asking about my experience, I absolutely did not "trash" the vendor in my message to him. That is not my style. I just let him know why I was unhappy and disappointed with certain aspects of the particular vendor's practices and claims. Please PM me if you have any questions about my post or the vendor...

budascuda

Reaction score
Oh I love your style Grady, let me be clear about that.

I read the thank you note you sent the vendor after receiving the belts.
It had your style written all over it.
It said thank you but the "mise en scene" of the box and it's content said otherwise.

69bfan

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
I have had good luck with Bill Edwards and his product. I feel that they are a good price as compared to the others and are much more correct than the generic aftermarket attempts. His website is www.allmoparseatbelts.com

Back