• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB 70 charger grille needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
guy who sold me my 71 chally grille needs a driver quality 70 charger grille any leads would be great! would like to reciprocate his help. moderator if i broke a rule sorry

terrywalker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BSG
Were you able to get a complete 71 Challenger grille? I'll keep my eyes and ears open for any Charger grille.
Terry W.

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 really nice ones. All in I'm 2300.00. Im still planning on trying to scan and print one or make a mold. We shall see the cost and effort. In the end I found about 5 or 6 ranging from new in the box 6k to heavily weathered 3000k but restorable and the 2 nice ones I bought from real mopar guys not trying to rape the working man.. I mean fair market value is the backbone of America but their are some guys out there that are just opportunist to put it nicely... Thanks for looking out I'll post some picks next week when the front end is finished off. Its really coming together!

terrywalker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good deal on the 71 Grilles. I'm glad it all worked out. Looking forward to seeing your progress and pics. I'll check with some Mopar guys around here on a 70 Charger grille.
Terry W.

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks brother.. The guys like me, just driver quality not the 6k nos stuff

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks brother.. The guys like me, just driver quality not the 6k nos stuff
This thread reminds me of a sign posted at the checkout counter of a local junkyard I used to frequent in the 80’s:

“If you don’t like our prices bring your wife in and we will dicker...”

😆😆😆

Last edited:

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BSG have you posted this on for B bodies only?
I'm not a member on that site. But i do want to own one..
That is a nice one for sure. I'll send it to him imo reasonable but everyone's budget is different. Some are retired on a fixed budget... don't know his situation as you all know if your building on a budget you might be on the "no car" part of its a "Mopar or no car" just saying. you know what was strange is this guy just happened to look at this site for the first time the day I posted for my grille. It was thing he saw! Sometimes your lucky Sometimes your good.... gonna forward that one to him thanks guys from the way he took the pp fee's budget may be an issue... then there's the irs in the mix now. wth government in the mix on our toys.

ClassicIndustries1

America's First Choice in Mopar Restoration Parts
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the Grill components have been reproduced for 1970 Charger, and the price is reasonable.
Has your friend considered a reproduction?

https://www.classicindustries.com/s...-trim/grill-components/grills/?q=Grill&br=1-2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/77LDorLVPsVnbrMq9

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 2.24.20 PM.png

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think 2k is reasonable in anybody's book that's retired on a fixed income.... Is it fair that's a whole other story.... Why don't ya'll get on reproducing the 71 Challenger grille?

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think 2k is reasonable in anybody's book that's retired on a fixed income.... Is it fair that's a whole other story.... Why don't ya'll get on reproducing the 71 Challenger grille?
I doubt that a repop 71 Challenger grill would be any less than $2,000.

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your probably right. But its nice to have that option its the only one of the ebody run that I am aware of that's not being repopped?
I agree. I have two 71's and would really hate it if one of them ever got damaged beyond repair.

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up buying 2 grilles during my search, ones been shipped the is in the boxing up stage. Both guys were worried they would get damaged during shipping. We shall see what the look like. Do you drive yours like a daily or keep them put away?

ClassicIndustries1

FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BSG,

Thanks for the feedback. The MB9912 1970 Charger assembly is now on sale for $1606.99 and it includes a lot of pieces, not just the center portion and surround.
It has the center grill and surround, the stamped steel brackets, the steel headlamp cranks, both headlamp doors, and the installation hardware.
It's pretty close to a complete bolt-on replacement. Taking into account that it is a one-year only part, and the costs of all the tooling that had to be created in order to produce these again, plus the investment in the initial run, we think it is priced fairly.
Especially considering the price of NOS and taking into account what the hard-to-find original used examples were going for prior to this one coming to market.

I am aware of discussions internally about producing the 1971 Challenger grill as well. I would describe the conversations as the production is being very seriously considered.
I know that NOS samples have been acquired because I am the one that searched them out and acquired them for the company about 6 or 7 years ago.
The question or hesitation may have to do with whether there is enough demand for them, taking into consideration the low Challenger production numbers in 1971 and the costs involved with tooling and investment required for such a project.
What are your thoughts as far as the need for the part in the market? Perhaps some feedback from the members here could alleviate those concerns.
Attached are some spy shots for you.

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 5.30.30 PM.png

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the only guy I could find that had an nos wanted 6k plus the ride. I found probably 5 or 6 most people thought they were gold but 2 of them were reasonable 1200.00 and 750.00 the lessor I believe was missing a small piece. I will tell you I about died after cutting grinding painting on the thing for like 2 years then get in the assy process and find out that their just not out there. I worked probably 4hrs a day for 5 days to find the ones I did. I would pay 1500.00 to 2k for a new one, but I'm still working a lot of guys into these cars have been out of the workforce for a minute. and if you guys are not gonna use em I know a guy.... just sayin. I need to head to the OC to pick up a grip of stuff I have loaded in my cart now. Since ur looking for feedback :-0 you'll really need to pick up the pace it literally takes an hr. to get out of there.

ClassicIndustries1

FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the only guy I could find that had an nos wanted 6k plus the ride. I found probably 5 or 6 most people thought they were gold but 2 of them were reasonable 1200.00 and 750.00 the lessor I believe was missing a small piece. I will tell you I about died after cutting grinding painting on the thing for like 2 years then get in the assy process and find out that their just not out there. I worked probably 4hrs a day for 5 days to find the ones I did. I would pay 1500.00 to 2k for a new one, but I'm still working a lot of guys into these cars have been out of the workforce for a minute. and if you guys are not gonna use em I know a guy.... just sayin. I need to head to the OC to pick up a grip of stuff I have loaded in my cart now. Since ur looking for feedback :-0 you'll really need to pick up the pace it literally takes an hr. to get out of there.

We understand that it can be time-consuming to pick up an order. I believe there is a new process in place called in-store pickup or will-call pickup for expedited service.
You should consider giving it a try to see if it reduces the wait time for you.

It works well for times where you know ahead of time what you want to order and can place your order ahead of time and prepay it.

Does Classic Industries Offer Will Call Service?

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me that’s the way I do it and exactly why.I get frustrated. I hate to go run for parts on the bosses dime for my personal cars to end up waiting outside in the truck for 45 to an hr. But if not getting parts is the alternative then we do what we have to do. I’ve been pretty happy with everything I get from ci just a little constructive criticism

terrywalker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one would be interested in a 71 Challenger grille. I have an NOS one with NOS headlight bezels and I have two 71 cars. I would like a spare available for each car. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if it happens. The other next to impossible part to get for a 71 Challenger is the taillight panel, the stamped steel panel spot welded to rear quarters. I had a spare one I was going to use for wall art but an individual was begging for one to finish his Challenger and I sold it. I'll be visiting a friend tomorrow and I'll ask if he has any leads on a 70 Charger grille. He has a lot of Mopar E and B body stuff. Thanks.
Terry W.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back