• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 cuda grill

dagomike

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 70 cuda clone that has a 71 grill assy and I want to change it back to the original 70 grill. I have a line on a 70 grill, but will I need anything else to convert it back? Right now It has the road lites down on the lower valance along with the blinkers. I`m thinking I will need at least a lower valance to convert it back. Is there anything else that I will need that I am missing? Do you think there was any modifacations done to the car to get the 71 grill on there. Any advise would be appreictated. Thanks, Mike

dagomike

Reaction score
Any Advise?

Anyone have any advise for this qustion? Would be apprecated... Thanks, Mike

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I wish I could give you the final word on this because that would mean that I've had some experience with it. I would think that there shouldn't be a lot of differences between `70 and `71. Go with what you know for sure you'll need and then you can visually do the swap with the `70 parts layed out in front of you. Kind of a dry run before you actually start dismantleing your car. I am however drinking my first cup of coffee this morning and remembering that there is a big difference in the number of headlights between the 2 years and that might complicate things a bit. I'm more of a Challenger guy so I don't know for sure but the fenders for the Cuda may not be interchangeable between `70 & `71?
Hopefully someone else will chime in here on this.

GranCuda70

Reaction score
You will need the lower valence for a 70, the forward engine light wiring harness. I am not sure if you will need the header panel but I think they were the same for 70 and 71. 70 headlight Bezels and trim, complete 70 grill with parking lenses and trim. and you can buy a mounting hardware kit from many places.

js29

Reaction score
headlight bucket's rings and if memory serves me 6014 bulbs and with what grandcuda70 said you should be all set

Back