• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 cuda value

danbrooks

Reaction score
As some of you know I bought a 70 440 cuda project and it is rust free and all the parts came with it, I just have to reassemble it. My question today is this, I didn't get to give it a really good looking over until it was in my shop. Now that it's here I have found out the rear quarters have been replaced along with the trunk floor, whoever did the replacment did a really good job, and was all welded in place.
I sealed everything in the trunk area and painted all the new metal with pour 15. With that said, How has this affected the total value of the car? The whole car is original and rust free and has all the factory parts including original drivetrain.
I'm thinking it no longer could be considered a show car, if I decided to go that route. So, would the right thing to do at this point be just go ahead and paint the undercarrige and interior floor the same way, put it together and just keep it as a driver?
I dont believe it was ever damaged, it was always a northern car and the back probably had rust and they just decided to replace the whole quarter instead of just patching the rust areas.
Like I said it's a project and probably wont be on the road anytime soon but I want to put it together right. I'm putting the wiring back in right now and figure if all goes good this time next year it sould be ready to go.
Thanks everyone, I'll post pictures when I can, Dan.

js29

Reaction score
there are car's out there that have had fare more panels replaced than that and still made in to show cars. if the work was done right all should be fine. the first thing i look for is spot welds around the wheel well areas. a 45 year old car with all original body panels rust free and strait and no body filler are few and far between!

Back