• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 cuda value

basinblue340

Reaction score
i recently purchased a 1972 cuda 340 bs23h2b 4 spd, the person who i bought it from owned for around 17 yrs, he did not know if it was numbers matching, so i did some looking and i found the matching vin numbers on the side of the block and trans, he gave me a original perfect broadcast sheet that matches vin also, odometer shows 55k and he said thats original, has ralley gauges. basin blue with black vinyl top, condition wise has several small door dings, front seats has couple split seams, all lights, buzzer works except clock, only rust i could find is on the inside back lip of the deck lid, runs and drives excellent, car originally came from texas, was looking for ballpark idea on what it could possibly be worth, some people would call it a survivor car no idea,

IMG_7082.JPG

IMG_7103.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG

Reaction score
Welcome. Great looking car! I'm not 100% convinced it's a survivor. I'm not seeing vinyl top on the fender tag and the side stripe is gone. Either way, it's still a low mileage, 340, 4spd. car. My opinion is $25,000-$50,000.
Congratulations. I'm hoping you are asking for insurance value and planning on enjoying.

20221122_163229.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
The value it has will not be to a collector but to someone who wants a 1970's era Pony car and not pay Barret-Jackson prices.
The collectors pay the big money for 70-71 E-body. The big engine options (383-426 Hemi-440 and Six Pak's) were gone completely after 1971. No real performance models just badging after that.
1972 and up is when all the engines that were still available were detuned ( lower compression etc...) and subject to more emissions equipment

It is a very nice looking car but it is not a 70 or 71. The rallye wheels or Road wheels make the car.
They never came with the truck type rim and hubcap setup in the later pictures. That was something that you could get on much earlier years like the High performance models when you ordered them directly and were not going to use them, just take them off when the car arrived and you installed your custom wheels and tires.

Last edited:

70 R/T Steve

Reaction score
Beautiful Cuda! I was in the market till I purchased my Challenger a couple weeks ago. I would put it in the 35 - 40k range. If the car was near perfect I would have payed up to 50k. Just for reference my '70 R/T was purchased for a bit less than that with matching drivetrain 87k original miles, 383hp auto. It has some paint flaws as well but overall very nice.

Back