• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

`70 FK5 A66 Resurection

SchoberMotorsports

Reaction score
Hey DetMatt1! It seems that we have quite the same kinda cars! I gota FK5 70 Challenger, I know you've seen it the one that superstockmopar was selling on here a week ago or so... I was looking to see if I could get some inside.

I looked up the fender tag and one of the things I couldn't figure out was V7W, Its listed as white accent stripes. Are those the stripes going down the car or on the rear?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hey DetMatt1! It seems that we have quite the same kinda cars! I gota FK5 70 Challenger, I know you've seen it the one that superstockmopar was selling on here a week ago or so... I was looking to see if I could get some inside.

I looked up the fender tag and one of the things I couldn't figure out was V7W, Its listed as white accent stripes. Are those the stripes going down the car or on the rear?

Yes those would be the white longitudinal stripes but I'm not sure which because 2 are listed in my book.
V6W is listed as Sport stripe/longitudinal tape while V7W is listed as Accent stripe/longitudinal paint. I'd be willing to bet that if your car is a non performance model that your white stripes are probably painted on pin stripes. Just guessing though. I do have another book I could check but iys out in my shop right now and I'm not!
What engine was original to yours? and congrats btw! She's rough isn't she? we also have that in common!

EV2A66

Reaction score
Just read your thread, glad to see your keeping and starting to work on your A66. Mine has been sitting idle for about 2 yrs in my buddy's paint shop. It is still mounted to the rotisserie and I need to finish the undercoating in wheel well area and paint the black out areas it had on upper cowl area and behind grille and core support areas. This is a # matching 9/28 SPD built A66 4spd car from Hamtramck. Hope to bring it home and start assy in March if I can get my shop cleaned out. Paint was done to match original (single stage) as was underside. Glad to see you got those 340 decals, good score.

Picture 103.jpg

Picture 102.jpg

Picture 094.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hey EV2A66, I've admired your car for a while now, it will look amazing when finished.

Last edited:

SchoberMotorsports

Reaction score
Ya I can only assume that it was just a grandma car... Nothing really special about it. Also whats with the front swaybar going through the K-member? Is that stock or what?

385446_2029477396929_1843924880_1416894_351193968_n.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Your D3L is actually a D31 and that is the code for the 904 automatic and your vin should be JH23 not JS23, otherwise grandma figured out how to order a 318/904 in her R/T, she must have been a real looker back in the day. lol

a68postcar

Reaction score
No, that's an emblem, I'm Talking decal. Thought to have been used on the early cars before emblems were ready for production. Details are sketchy but finding these NOS ones with part #'s is awesome.
I get it now. and it makes more sense to me, that the emblems weren't ready when the car was. thats kinda the deal on first year stuff.

68427vette

Reaction score
i m starting to like the burnt orange interior,, its a one year only color,1970, i think:icon_cyclops_ani:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Just ordered all of my floorpans, front full, rear footwell, rear underseat and trunkfloor. As well as firewall, upper and lower cowl and both fender aprons. I will be able to pick them up at the big Mopar swap meet on the 29th here in Mt. Clemens.
Thank you David Radcliff over at Roseville Moparts!
Oh yeah, I'll probably pick up the last rear frame rail that I need for it from them at the swap meet too.

SchoberMotorsports

Reaction score
I wish I could say the same haha, make sure ya post some pictures installing them and everything. I'm using your restoration as a guide for mine!

ramenth

Reaction score
Just ordered all of my floorpans, front full, rear footwell, rear underseat and trunkfloor. As well as firewall, upper and lower cowl and both fender aprons. I will be able to pick them up at the big Mopar swap meet on the 29th here in Mt. Clemens.
Thank you David Radcliff over at Roseville Moparts!
Oh yeah, I'll probably pick up the last rear frame rail that I need for it from them at the swap meet too.

Get your parts?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Yes I did, all but the fender aprons but I did get the drivers frame rail and a rear shock crossmember. There were some great deals to be had on a lot of nice parts, I also found some nice burnt orange headliner trim for the A66 and some parts for my '68 Road Runner too.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
i think your "hoarding" all the good challenger parts!:poke:

Ha Ha, I wish I was hoarding all of them! I'm actually just hoarding enough to build 1 very sweet `70 with maybe a few extra goodies for the big summer swap meets.:eek:ccasion14:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Loaded up the engine block and main caps for a trip to the machine shop. Not so much to get started on the rebuild but to be hot tanked, magnafluxed and have a hone sent through the cylinders as a quick check of there general condition. If all is well it'll just be oiled and bagged for storage. This is the final step in making sure that the original engine is in fact useable. I think it will be, it doesn't look that bad.

IMG_7691.jpg

Back