• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Challenger tail panel Q's

Challengaaah

Reaction score
Have two questions about my tail panel -see pics. One of the two swaged rivets holding the halves together has come apart. Since the 'rivet' is part of the panel molding, how can i fix this without it showing on the facing side? I can't think of any way except drilling a hole, re-doing it and then trying to cover the repair with bog....

Also, does anyone know who sells the square reflectors that were glued on between the tail lights?

Thanks

71 rear panel centre.jpg

71 tail panel rivet.jpg

71 reflectrs.jpg

Challengaaah

Reaction score
To answer my own post: I have been told the best course of action for the rivet is to clean out the area between the mating surfaces and use a high quality flexible bonding agent such as SicaFlex 260. This will keep the edges tight together after it is all bolted in it will be as new.

As for the 4 rear reflectors, i found out that the inner and outer are different sizes. Laysons make repros but i was told they are not a great fit. Penstar productions also sell them, i rang them last night and was told $80 for a set of 4. This is without the silver foil card or the double side tape. I thought that was too expensive so i'm going to paint mine the tail panel colour as shown in the pictures. Its no big deal to put them on if i find a set.

KM_1971SIXP.jpg

Back