• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Cuda under body

Tom

Reaction score
The under body of my car is 90% new, should I just paint it or should I put some kind of undercoating first then paint it. I drive my cars a lot, it is not a numbers matching car. I do not want to do something to hurt the value of the car.

Bill

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you with my 73 Challenger. Don't know or care if my #'s match. My 3 goals for this car ar 1) look nice / cool, 2)sound nice / cool and 3)drive nice (or as nice a possible). Per Mr. moparleo's direction I went with Lizard Skin. I purchased it from some good folks out of Texas at Don Hart's Radiator shop. Looking at the invoice now it was $872 with shipping to Vermont from Texas back in April 2013. I Lizard skinned inside and out including inside doors and engine area and inside fenders. Works as a chip guard too. You can paint over it. The stuff is kind of expensive but it really seems to be neat stuff. Cleans up with water and you don't need a mask to apply it. It goes on just like "mud" with their applicator. I did the whole underside of my car, inside the car, trunk, engine area and doors for about $850 and that included 10 gallons and the spray gun. They make two different products. One is for heat / sound and the other for sound deading only. Epoxy prime metal first. Keep in mind that I'm a novice with all of this but this is what I did. 001.jpg003.jpg003.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I sealed the steel with epoxy primer then used sound insulation under the carpet inside the car

tqfastfish

Reaction score
if its not numbers matching,,, who cares ,? if youre going to drive it just undercoat it , it protects it great. i do it to all my cars

Back