• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Cuda door panel removel

mistreta

Reaction score
I thought about something to keep the nut from backing off. Blue locktight, then finger tight.
Thank you, I hope this is the last you will hear from me, about regulators anyway.

Xcudame

Reaction score
A fallen off nut is a lot better than spending $$$ on a new regulator! Now you have to repair all of that nice sound deadener. Hopefully you won't have to go back inside that door for years to come!

mistreta

Reaction score
You got that rite. I found some blue locktight, hope to get it all back together soon. Ill have a good story to tell.

brotow

Reaction score
I know this sounds dumb, but clean off ALL the old grease with brake clean or carb cleaner, it will also remove PAINT, once it is clean and new grease is applied the window should roll up and down easily. I know I had the same problem.

Xcudame

Reaction score
New grease is always good. Put some rags in the bottom of the door is you're going to use brake or carb cleaner. Sometimes just adding more grease is good enough.

SDChallenger

Reaction score
Got the door panel off, stuck on the lock knob. Only to find another surprise. Man that stuff sticks.
I need to get the deadener off where the openings are, I think in the lower part of the inner panel, anybody got pics or info on location of openings?

View attachment 107180
I found this application of sound deadening material interesting. When I did my doors, I applied the material to the outside wall of the door instead of like this. It was a real pain in the ass to apply inside the door but got coverage of most of the sheet metal. Any thoughts about whether this method or the method I used is more effective in sound deadening?

ken 408 Stroker

Reaction score
Here's a 70 Barracuda I just insulated, Hope this helps

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1357.JPG

SDChallenger

Reaction score
Beautiful job, and much easier than trying to apply the material to the door skin itself. I am thinking having the air space between the sound deadening material and the door skin might enhance the sound deadening effect. Much appreciated.

Back