• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

727 “clunk”

VillaTA

Reaction score
When driving at low speeds, occasionally, I get a clunk in the drive train after I let off of the gas. For example, when I pull out of my drive way, accelerate up to say 15-20 mph and come to a stop sign, as I let off the gas, this is when the clunk occurs. I am not sure what it could be. Anyone have the same experience?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Could be a bad Universal joint , or excess lash in the diff , the sound could be coming up thefrom behind the trans drivetrain

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I would jack up the rear end. check wheel to wheel response feel and noise. look at u joint and pinion response. If you have a third hand they could apply resistance and a response while checking.

fasjac

Reaction score
When driving at low speeds, occasionally, I get a clunk in the drive train after I let off of the gas. For example, when I pull out of my drive way, accelerate up to say 15-20 mph and come to a stop sign, as I let off the gas, this is when the clunk occurs. I am not sure what it could be. Anyone have the same experience?
Any vibration at higher speed? Really sounds like a u-joint. At least eliminate the joints by checking them.

Back