• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Barracuda Steering Wheel replacement

SAS

Reaction score
The OEM 15" steering wheel on my 73 Barracuda, looks cool but too close to my legs. I'm tall even with the seat moved back the steering wheel is way to close. The big wagon steering wheel needs to go. I like the look of the OEM steering wheel, looking for a similar wheels and would like keep horn functionality if possible.

Looking for advise on any small diameter wheel steering replacements?

SAS

rklein71

Reaction score
I personally like the tuff wheel. This one is a Grant repro.

Attachments

• IMG_4668.JPG
    IMG_4668.JPG
    759.8 KB · Views: 143

heminut

Reaction score
I personally like the tuff wheel. This one is a Grant repro.
Yup, I put the same steering wheel in my Cuda and used the shorter can from an A body. I'm 6'3" and had the same problem with the wheel being so close to my legs.

I used my original steering wheel to mark the holes on the Grant wheel and then drilled them and cut the slot so it would mount on the A body can. It was a pretty straight forward process.

rklein71

Reaction score
Here is an E-body "can". I believe the A body version is shorter. It mounts between the flange of the steering shaft flange and the steering wheel.

IMG_4439.JPG

Corvettejer

Reaction score
I think that being shorter along with a smaller diameter steering wheel would work out perfectly. Now I'll start hunting for that part.

Thank you

SAS

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the inputs.

Does anyone have any experience with PG Classic Reproduction items? Is their stuff any good, I was checking out their 14" Leather Tuff steering wheel.

Back