• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Challenger taillight question

Super-G

Reaction score
OK so I have a 73 Challenger. The car has 4 lights in the rear. 2 outside lights which serve as brake, turn signal, and running lights. My 2 inside lights have a red lens on the outside and a white lens on the inside. The white lens is obviously for back up lights. But the light socket that's installed is for a single bulb only. I have no red lights on the 2 inside taillights at all. I'm thinking that this can't be correct. I would think at night I should have 4 red running lights.

Can anyone enlighten me?

burdar

Reaction score
The inner lenses are just for reverse. It would be a neat custom touch to convert all four to regular tail lights but the lenses aren't interchangeable.

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
It could be done fairly easily, but you would have to fabricate a reflective shield inside the light cluster to stop any bleeding of light from one colour to another.
In England we can't have a red indicator on any car made after 1967, so we regularly adapt tail lights to overcome this, a 72 on car is an easy conversion because the inner light cluster only does the reversing lights.

Back