• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 cuda,3 speed manual 340

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparman!

Reaction score
"Thus turning a car into a rare low numbers car if that wasent true the cause and effect wouldn't of been introduced in science class..lol"

" I suppose chrysler shouldn't of bothered stamping the vin on the 3 speed transmission"

Now, English is not my first language,(that's why It sounds lofty, sorry) so i do make mistakes, but the above is your writing, your grammar is systematically defficient,
Get your tuition refunded for sure.

Nocar340, you hit it on the head, thanks
I had a tag made for my 70 Challenger, generally it was/is very accurate except the color of the car. It was originally a EK2 car but I changed it to EV2. I have had a couple "experts" look at it and at first glance they didn't notice anything off, but the order date is wrong and after a minute or 2 they ask if the tag is a repop which I say it is. One guy then wrinkled his nose up and walked away but the other 2 guys that have seen it comment that its is pretty good overall. Point being that there isn't anything on the tag that isn't on the car and the fact is that if you know what you are looking at you can usually tell if the car was made for most of the more notable options.

On that note I am going to make tags for the rest of my cars and make up options for what the car has, like on my Cuda which has a 416 ci engine, that will be the code of the engine (even though the VIN will clearly show 318). I will invent a code for the 4 link rear, AAR hood, etc. Now if someone looks at the tag and thinks it is all original they need to take up golf or hire someone to tell them its a hot rod not a restoration but I will be happy (and proud) to tell anyone that I built it.

View attachment 80013
Really like your cuda,two tone colors make it look like one bad fish..

70chall440

Reaction score
Lol so true about the duck..An E body is an E body no matter what! but some of these fake Mopar lovers don't realize it! Makes me wonder who voted for trump who voted for biden..lol soar losers.

Umm lets not get into that.

I am not hating on anyone and I respect everyone's opinion, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them or them mine. As it relates to this issue, I understand why people are passionate about it, I just don't agree with the premise. In the end, we (most of us) love the brand and the cars, we have different views on what should be and shouldn't but that doesn't make us enemies. I can respect a restored car and I can respect what it takes to restore a car, but neither is something I am interested in very much. I like hot rods, restomods, etc. or cars that are built with a vision, not something the factory designed.

Internet squabbling is just that and its easy to type crap from the safety of our homes or wherever we are but in the end we are generally car guys who love our cars.

Moparman!

Reaction score
"Thus turning a car into a rare low numbers car if that wasent true the cause and effect wouldn't of been introduced in science class..lol"

" I suppose chrysler shouldn't of bothered stamping the vin on the 3 speed transmission"

Now, English is not my first language,(that's why It sounds lofty, sorry) so i do make mistakes, but the above is your writing, your grammar is systematically defficient,
Get your tuition refunded for sure.

Nocar340, you hit it on the head, thanks.
I'm waiting to refund your tuition! Your late again.next time I'll charge you double for being hard headed.

budascuda

Reaction score
70chall440, sorry bud, your post was so long I didn't read it, sorry man,

Last edited:

budascuda

Reaction score
Oh, was there a lesson in 70chall440's post?, I will have to read it at some point then.
So , moparman why do you need to tell people fat lies? don't you feel any shame?

budascuda

Reaction score
Ok 70chall440, I looked at your post, I pretty much agree with what you say,, but originality still counts, to a lot of people, even for sentimental reasons .don't you agree with that?

70chall440

Reaction score
Ok 70chall440, I looked at your post, I pretty much agree with what you say,, but originality still counts, to a lot of people, even for sentimental reasons .don't you agree with that?
Sure I agree that a lot of people like originality just as I agree that a lot of people don't. It doesn't have to be just one way. Some people see any modifications as sacrilege whereas others see originality as boring and uninteresting, both view points are valid. It is when one side begins to criticize the other because of their beliefs that the problems begin.

As an example; on another site I was talking about the need for 17" or larger wheels on a project I have due to the large Brembo brakes I am going to be using. Another member who evidentially subscribes to the "originality" side began slamming me saying that big wheels looks stupid and that the car didn't need brakes that large, etc. Now, he could have just kept quiet keeping his opinions to himself or he could have just stated that he didn't like the look but he didn't, it turned into a personal attack almost immediately as happens so often online.

I am pretty thick skinned and really give 2 craps what anyone thinks of anything I have, build or say but when things like this happen, naturally I hit back and off to the races we go. Originality has its place to be sure, but it is not the only way and it seems that this is how it is presented far too many times.

So budacuda, let me ask you a question; don't you think that well build hot rods/resto mods have value to a lot of people? Maybe a better question is can you see the appeal of a vintage Mopar that looks basically the same as original but with a much improved modern drive train and modern attributes like sound deadener, suspension, brakes, etc.? Something that you can get in an drive like a modern car, get parts at the local parts store, etc.

Moparman!

Reaction score
Oh, was there a lesson in 70chall440's post?, I will have to read it at some point then.
So , moparman why do you need to tell people fat lies? don't you feel any shame?
Budascuda fat lies? What part of my statement are fat lies? Quote what I said! I just state the facts. I don't write down what I personally feel you think like an amateur ..lol yes your an amateur!!!!! Haha it's obvious.

Moparman!

Reaction score
Sure I agree that a lot of people like originality just as I agree that a lot of people don't. It doesn't have to be just one way. Some people see any modifications as sacrilege whereas others see originality as boring and uninteresting, both view points are valid. It is when one side begins to criticize the other because of their beliefs that the problems begin.

As an example; on another site I was talking about the need for 17" or larger wheels on a project I have due to the large Brembo brakes I am going to be using. Another member who evidentially subscribes to the "originality" side began slamming me saying that big wheels looks stupid and that the car didn't need brakes that large, etc. Now, he could have just kept quiet keeping his opinions to himself or he could have just stated that he didn't like the look but he didn't, it turned into a personal attack almost immediately as happens so often online.

I am pretty thick skinned and really give 2 craps what anyone thinks of anything I have, build or say but when things like this happen, naturally I hit back and off to the races we go. Originality has its place to be sure, but it is not the only way and it seems that this is how it is presented far too many times.

So budacuda, let me ask you a question; don't you think that well build hot rods/resto mods have value to a lot of people? Maybe a better question is can you see the appeal of a vintage Mopar that looks basically the same as original but with a much improved modern drive train and modern attributes like sound deadener, suspension, brakes, etc.? Something that you can get in an drive like a modern car, get parts at the local parts store, etc.

Moparman!

Reaction score
70chall440 totally agree what you wrote! Theres beauty in every level of cars! Resto mod,classic,antique,european,imports the list goes on some people think its only limited to hemi or big block v8.theres beauty in every species its all about the hard work you put into it. Restomod actually is becoming the next big thing! Some people here are stuck in the past! Don't believe me check out barett jackson,mecum so get out of your rural area and train your thought..lol

budascuda

Reaction score
70chall440, no doubt what you say is true and well built hot rods and mods are sometimes much more valuable than an original classic. Most of us do what we do to our cars for our own sake and thats that! I am just saying, when information is not passed on to the next buyer, and a buyer after that, you would end up with people feeling confused and perhaps ripped off when its time to restore be car down the road.,
And 70chall440, if I had to go into a combat situation, I would have no problem with you covering my back!

budascuda

Reaction score
And Camaroman, do you also tell your folks that you sell million dollar cars?

70chall440

Reaction score
70chall440, no doubt what you say is true and well built hot rods and mods are sometimes much more valuable than an original classic. Most of us do what we do to our cars for our own sake and thats that! I am just saying, when information is not passed on to the next buyer, and a buyer after that, you would end up with people feeling confused and perhaps ripped off when its time to restore be car down the road.,
And 70chall440, if I had to go into a combat situation, I would have no problem with you covering my back!

budacuda - We are on the same page, no worries. I was thinking about this subject and thought that when there is a car project up for sale; one guy looks at it and thinks what it will take to restore it whereas another guy (like me) thinks about what it would take to transform it. I've been afflicted with this disease since i was about 15; I see the car and immediately think about all of the "cool" things I could do to it.

If you find yourself needing some fire support, let me know :)

volunteer

Reaction score
Hi,does any one have production numbers for a 73 cuda, 3 speed manual, with 340 rally guages Can't seem to find it?just looking for numbers.
Looks like about 30 units as 340 Barracudas and 289 as 340 'Cudas. There were many more 318 3 speeds as well. Many of us would have replaced the 3 with a 4 - - and saved 3 for future owner (to shine up and use as ashtray).

Moparman!

Reaction score
Looks like about 30 units as 340 Barracudas and 289 as 340 'Cudas. There were many more 318 3 speeds as well. Many of us would have replaced the 3 with a 4 - - and saved 3 for future owner (to shine up and use as ashtray)

Moparman!

Reaction score
Looks like about 30 units as 340 Barracudas and 289 as 340 'Cudas. There were many more 318 3 speeds as well. Many of us would have replaced the 3 with a 4 - - and saved 3 for future owner (to shine up and use as ashtray).
Every one is different there are 2 category of people first category are amateurs who take off original parts off of cars and don't bother to save them for future generations to enjoy just let the part rot. Then there is the real enthusiast/pro who actually store away the part for future generations to enjoy and possibly replace the car back to original status the ones who care and document a numbers matching car. Nothing wrong with that personally I'm category 2 for those who want to be amateurs in category 1 nothing wrong with that,but don't go looking for the part 13 years later when it's destroyed. Just saying!! iv heard it hundreds of times..lol

Last edited:

budascuda

Reaction score
So, mopar man, you side winded my other question, thats ok but tell me, what was the last car you sold for over a million dollars? (I mean an underpowered one! ) I was curious....

And I know in some auction houses, they sometimes bring millions for a car, but its not likely thats you.😂😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:

Moparman!

Reaction score
So, mopar man, you side winded my other question, thats ok but tell me, what was the last car you sold for over a million dollars? (I mean an underpowered one! ) I was curious....

And I know in some auction houses, they sometimes bring millions for a car, but its not likely thats you.😂😂😂😂😂😂
You don't know me do you? what does that say about who you are ? 😆🤣😂😹😆 your speculating your highly intelligent. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back