• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Cuda Rear Valence - Options for filling gaps left from bumperettes

Titan1969

Reaction score
Thx in advance everyone.
I have a 73 Cuda missing the rear bumperettes so I have two gaps in the lower valence.
I have read about converting to a pre-73 bumper however Im looking to just fill the gaps in the valance.
One option is to pull the valence and have filled buy a reputable bodyshop and repaint.

Has anyone found a simple filler for these valence gaps? would a 70-71 plastic filler like this from Y1 fit?

Screenshot_2021-03-27 1966-74 A B E-Body Rear Bumper Guard Fillers.png

NoCar340

Reaction score
That "filler" is a reproduction of the factory unit and still requires bumper guards.

There's a '70 Challenger sitting in a yard not far from here with the bumper-guard cutouts filled. It threw me for a loop since I'd never seen such a thing, and it took me a minute to figure out what was "wrong" with that car. The guy that modified the valance back in the late '70s is a friend. He told me he'd bought another valance at the junkyard and traced the shape of the cutout onto the junkyard part, cut two pieces with plenty of room for trimming, then welded them into his valance. It looks good enough that I considered doing it on my car. You'd definitely get questions about it after people figure out what's different about the back of your car. It's sorta like, "You look different...did you get a new haircut or something?"

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
If your doing a temp. fill then I would just bondo the gaps, otherwise you might be better off welding in some sheetmetal. I bought a new rear valance with duel cutouts for the tail pipes back when I had side pipes on my car. I used long/short strand bondo to fill in the holes. Then 5 years later I switched to full exhaust. Bondo came off and tail pipes went on

Back