• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

74 318la

jkling1974

Reaction score
Need to know what stock manifolds will fit my car . 74 challenger , power steering , ac car , power disk .

I don’t like headers much due to they never sent to fit . I want stock manifold but can’t find any listed on eBay for LA cars only truck and for later years that’s say 77 -88 or for magnum only.

Can someone share with me what manifold are bolt on ready to go for my car ?

moparleo

Reaction score
First there is no such thing as an LA car. la designates the second generation of Chrysler small block engines. 273, Later 318, 340, 360. Quality headers always fit. Cheap headers, not very well. You just need the year of engine and platform to get the correct parts.
So 1974 E-body, either it is a 318 or a 360. only 2 options. Header choices TTI and Doug's. There are others but these are generally the most popular. Both high quality and both fit well. Quality does cost $$ though. But you only spend it once .

jkling1974

Reaction score
First there is no such thing as an LA car. la designates the second generation of Chrysler small block engines. 273, Later 318, 340, 360. Quality headers always fit. Cheap headers, not very well. You just need the year of engine and platform to get the correct parts.
So 1974 E-body, either it is a 318 or a 360. only 2 options. Header choices TTI and Doug's. There are others but these are generally the most popular. Both high quality and both fit well. Quality does cost $$ though. But you only spend it once .
I was only stating facts about what I need them for . it’s a la motor in a car because fitment to these la block is absolutely different on different cars and trucks . Seveerla sets from jegs and hookers says truck only , or no power steering or must run steering column thru a header . I don’t want any of that . Also Often even very expensive brand headers need to be hammered in to clear stuff like steering columns . I’m asking about manifolds - I want a stock manifold but don’t know if other years like smog years 75-88 ish will work or is mag manifolds will work . I can’t find stock style manifold for a car la small block .

moparleo

Reaction score
Nothing lasts forever. Headers improve performance, thermal barrier reduces heat and also allows them to last for many, many years.
I had a set of BlackJack , Alumi-coat headers on my 72, 340 Challenger from 1979 til I sold the car in 2017. Still no leaks. Used quality fasteners, gaskets and kept her in tune.
Have complete "X" system TTI polished ceramic w/thermal barrier on current 73 Challenger 5.9 Magnum since 2007.
Zero issues.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would look for a set of the later magnum manifolds , they have smaller port & can be made to fit well with modified head pipes

mebeblown

Reaction score
I've been using the 69 stock cast Iron hp headers
For 46 years now on my 340 Blower motor, no issues.
2018-05-16 07.44.25.jpg

Back