• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

!970 Challenger A01 light group

DY31970

Reaction score
Does the A01 light group have its own wiring harness? Can an A01 light group package be retrofitted to a non A01 Challenger. If so, would you have to get the complete setup from a donor car?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
It does have its own harness and I’m 99% sure it can be added to the main harness without modification. I have sold a few of them in the past but don’t have any left.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
My '70 Barracuda didn't come with A01 and I added it with no problem. For some reason you could get fender mounted turn signals on the Cuda with a rallye hood but I heard you couldn't if the Challenger had a rallye hood. EDIT: I still don't have the "Lamp-On Reminder Buzzer". Sorry about that.

Chally A01 cropped.jpg

Last edited:

DY31970

Reaction score
Thanks EW1BH27. How about adding the ignition light w/time delay. Did you have to take about part of the steering column to install it? I read it is a light tube that shines the light through a hole in the steering column.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Decades ago I bought a used column for my column to floor shift conversion and luckily it was there. I don't know if my original had one. If your adding one you only need to remove the crush can and probably the turn signal switch. My second picture went deeper for an ignition switch replacement, you don't need to remove that second collar. I recommend using an LED too. Look by the hazard button, if you see a little plastic rectangle sticking out it's there.

Key Light 1.jpg

Key Light 2.jpg

Last edited:

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Found the other picture I was lookin for. Also, look down the column for that yellow wire.

TShazard3.jpg

Last edited:

DY31970

Reaction score
Thanks very much EW1BH27 for the pictures and detailed info. It will make installation much easier when I get the A01 light package.

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Hi EW1BH27. Would like to try the LED bulb. Do you happen to have the LED bulb number handy? or is there a bulb comparison chart somewhere I could use? Thanks

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Sorry I don't. When the column was apart I took that key-in light housing & socket to a local electronics retail store and we matched it up the the best fitting 12v LED they had. I do remember that it fit the socket but was bigger than the normal bulb so it didn't slide completely into the housing. Still worked though.

I'd have to look up the number of the original incandescent bulb then try to find a chart or cross reference or Google for a compatible replacement.

Last edited:

BSG

Reaction score
Its the same bulb used throughout the dash i got have the led in front of me but i'm replacing my turnsignal with again after not installing the snap ring properly. not sure what's wrong with me sometimes?… i knew with almost certainty it wasn't right. it only took once around the block bang shifting before the lever was just hanging there… I ordered several different colors to make sure I got the look I was going for 1893 bulbs I usually buy a 10 pack their cheap

image.jpg

Back