• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR ducktail on a -70 dodge challenger

rasmus westlin

Reaction score
Hello,

does a AAR ducktail fit on a -70 dodge challenger trunklid? Or is it completly wrong shape? I think they look better than the TA ducktail.

thanks!

70chall440

Reaction score
Anything can be done but I don't think you will like the results. I have eyeballed both the TA on a Cuda and a AAR on a Challenger and they do not fit without some heavy modification I think. Just depends on what you want or will accept and how much work you want to put into it.

Not sure why you would want to do this, but I think it would be easier to modify a TA spoiler to change it up than modify an AAR spoiler to work.

rasmus westlin

Reaction score
Anything can be done but I don't think you will like the results. I have eyeballed both the TA on a Cuda and a AAR on a Challenger and they do not fit without some heavy modification I think. Just depends on what you want or will accept and how much work you want to put into it.

Not sure why you would want to do this, but I think it would be easier to modify a TA spoiler to change it up than modify an AAR spoiler to work.
Thank you, i have an idea in my head, just wanted to see if it has been done before, but i think it is like you say, its easier to rebuild the TA ducktail then the oposite.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
What do you like better? The ribbing? I would modify the Challenger spoiler to look like the AAR version. They are quite different. You may have to use an AAR spoiler for parts to do inserts into the Challenger spoiler. I looked into this for a customer and they bailed on me. I was going to insert AAR parts into the TA spoiler.

Cuda416

Reaction score
instead of chopping something up, make one? Sounds like you might have an idea of what the process would be so just make one. heck, there are some really good examples of steel ones being integrated. How far down the rabbit hole do you want to do is the only question. You car, you do you. Could be cool.

Back