• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR Plum Crazy

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
Great chart! Love it! Date code: This one right?

K member code.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
That is the date code on your k frame
First three digits are the day of the year
and the 4th number 0 stands for 1970
The final number 1 is the shift number.

Hard to read your first three numbers; looks like 068.

If it is, 068 translates to Monday, March 8th, the 68th day of 1970.
That would make sense since the Trans Am Challengers and AAR Cudas were manufactured around that time in 1970.

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
This is a great help to me and the owner. Just adds proof for the build! Awesome info you have. Thank you for sharing this with me and the "others" in this "group"

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
Agree 100%. Makes the owner smile big! I have a copy of the broadcast sheet as well. The original is in good keeping!

moparlee

Reaction score
Todays work: Pre-assemble the K member to be sure all components are good to go! Still waiting on new rotors. This will basically go under the AAR for the body shop to move the car for finish body panel fit and to the finish paint area. I do not want all the best stuff under the car only to have over spray on everything! So some will be old parts while other stuff will be new. In any case all will be easy to remove. I am not going to tighten anything down to set the taper or rough up any powder coat if possible! Also note: Power steering will be going on!
Rob, The brackets for the sway bar need to be bolted to the bottom of the K frame. Don't you just love bolting all those nice clean parts together:thumbsup:

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
Yes I agree, I reviewed my pix and changed them this morning. Thank you for keeping me on the straight and skinny !

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
K member sway bar bracket correct.jpg

K member and caliper bracket reloacated.jpg

i believe these photographs show correct component locations. Thanks for your help.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
One thing I see is the orientation of your front sway bar bracket nuts/bolts are backward from original. Nuts should be facing up for the brackets and down for the bushing retainers. Feel free to check out my T/A restoration thread for assembly line-correct finishes and other assembly photos. Looking real nice man...

20150326_124532.jpg

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
Thank you for your info. I will follow any help I can get. Please keep me on the straight and skinny! However you may see on a few fasteners the use of SS bolts and nuts. This is what the owner has requested. So when you see different design fasteners it is a mutual agreement between myself and the owner. I intend on following OEM layout and design. Again thank you for all your help.

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
A bit more work is done. The under side is looking very good!

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

Last edited:

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
You know....FEBO(and FABO) just rules. I have both. And before I have a question to ask it shows up right when I'm about to ask. Not to hijack this build thread...but since we are on the current subject of the front brakes and suspension....I rebuilt my front end to spec but forgot the torsion bar retaining clips. I just got them. How do I install them now that the whole front end it buttoned up?

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
I presume the small clips which are at the end of the torsion bar frame hex? The bars should be in far enough to show a small but consistent groove inside the hex. If that is present, pinch the clips with your fingers and install them. Now there probably is a correct clocking for the clips...but I am not aware of its location! If the groove is not visible, release the tension on the torsion bar [car on hoist or jack stands on the frame]. Slide the bars deeper into the frame hex. This may take a bit of force. You can figure out how to make them move forward.

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
Even though the drums look "orange". I did paint them "red"! My cell phone just "changed" the color!

IMG_1680.jpg

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
Suspension in basic form today. Installed for roller and finish body panel fit and finish...about six more weeks of quality work to go! So far real good!

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

Rob AAR Eppler

Reaction score
Customer has requested a firm feel power steering gear box. This will be done. In the mean time the manual gear box [original] will be on for moving the car from area to area.

fk5aar

Reaction score
Do you know if it had the quick ratio steering arm from the factory...some did and some didn’t I believe

Back