• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

alcoholics anonymous

matty wardle

Reaction score
hey everyone,has anyone ever been to aa,i,m a dedicated mopar nut who wears his heart on his sleeve,to passionate for my own good,had to go bankrupt 2 years ago from too much piss drinking and horse race gambling,i have a addictive personality and am on antidepressants,thought i,d just raise the topic as we,re all human and addiction affects most of us,if oi have to work on my mopar all day all i ;look forward to at the end of the day is a beer,i dont think the old car hobby is a healthy one ,most car guys are drinkers correct?:nono:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nope, not a drinker. Can't do it much at all anymore. I think I've grown allergic to some of it, specificly beer and wine, my sinuses will basically close up on me and the headache is not far behind. Overall the recovery from any kind of drinking makes me not even want to start anymore. At most I'll have a couple of drinks one or 2 nights a week with friends.

74 challenger

Reaction score
Hey matty,Ive been to a couple of aa and na meetings.We all fall short and the meetings did not really solve it for me.Some people here know that im a believer and that is what really changed my life.If you want to talk you can e-mail me at [email protected] Dave

ramenth

Reaction score
Haven't been in your shoes, Matty, but you've got my support and prayers.

You're right about car guys and beer. I've worked in plenty of shops where the guys would go out drinking after work. Worked around a couple of guys who would come in hung over just about every morning. My former best friend would run through a dozen or more beers a night. Seen the affects this has had on the job and marriages.

Alcoholism runs in my family. My mom's brothers couldn't function without a drink in the morning when most of us are reaching for coffee. My old man could get along with or without it, but one day he got s***-faced and got mean with seven year old me. Momma had enough and poured the beer out, telling him that he was done drinking. Until his 50th anniversary just a few years ago he hadn't had a drink since then. That had a huge affect on me and how I viewed alcohol.

Brads70

Reaction score
Hello and welcome. I don't drink... can't stand the taste of it. I'd rather spend my extra cash on the car. I used to drink in the teenage years and early 20's but it just made no sense to me. I'd wake up with a headache and empty wallet and couldn't remember if I'd had a "good time"

Big Jim

Reaction score
I used to drink like a fish- then one morning I woke up and before I reached for my glasses or Skoal, I reached for the bottle of Wild Turkey. Decided Mr. Nichols and Mr. Daniels no longer ran my life. I quit cold turkey (Still don't drink a 6-pack a year), it worked for me.(Guess I was lucky)All comes down to a matter of choice, IMHO.

btceng

Reaction score
My policy on drinking is that I only do it if someone is paying. As in, a few work related events each year. Not even close to addicted, and honestly can't stand the taste. I too have addiction in my family and that has always been a factor is staying away. I go with Dave's suggestion. Mine is a crack addiction, but not the cocaine one. LOL! :read:

burntorange70

Reaction score
I used to drink a lot back when I was in the Navy. Drank way to much and it started getting out of hand. I still drink but not as much and not as often.

pagilman

Reaction score
I drank plenty in the navy and when we worked construction when i was young it was a nightly thing, cost me 2 marriages and I was near 40 before I came to my senses. About a 6 pack a month now. It ruined my life, thank god my 2 kids still hangout with me from my first marriage. To this day i still feel bad the way i ignored them.......

Last edited:
B

Benji

Give Jesus a shot, not religion, Jesus. There is a huge difference. The only people Jesus had issues with was the religious people of His day. His favorite terms for them was hypocrites, and brood of vipers. I'm sure He has not changed His opinion about them in the last 2000 years.

PM me if you want.

Benji

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Non drinker
I had no friends or peer pressure in school , Hate the taste anyway .
To me cars & drinking don't mix , I love to drive , I love adrenalin ...... drinking would just get in the way !!

Back