• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ALTERKTION COIL-OVER SYSTEM, STREET/HANDLING, 70-74 E-BODY, 340/360 MOUNTS

SRKlegin

Reaction score
Good morning FEBO members,
I have run into a rather large snag with my front suspension on my 72 Barracuda. First of all: Let's get the preliminaries done:
1. When purchased this vehicle it had circus wheels on it: 20 x 8 Front and 22 x 9 in the rear.
2. Rear end has Ride Tech Rear suspension already installed. When wheel base was measured by technician, RH side was off by 3/4 (108 standard factory wheelbase.)
3. Removed wheels and sold them immediately (LOL).
4. Put a set of staggered YEAR ONE 4.5 Rallye rims/with Michelin Radials. Dimensions: 17 x 8 Front and 17 x 9 Rear
5. Wilwood Brake modifications were already in place on all four corners.

Now that the basics are done, I am wondering just how I can get this front end to align properly? I could try to see if I can afford the ALTERKTION COIL-OVER SYSTEM, STREET/HANDLING, 70-74 E-BODY, 340/360 MOUNTS. Or since the wallet is pretty thin, could I simply replace all the OEM parts (complete rebuild)? That'll dig into me for 500-1000 vs 6000 + labor...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

SRKlegin

Reaction score
Oh BTW The front rims do clear both brakes and tie rod ends at present.

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
Where is the 3/4 inch coming from? (Is it off due to the Ride Tech installation?). I would go back and verify the dimensions to the body locations - not just wheelbase. Is the front OK to e rebuilt and the rear end needs to be dimensionally fixed? What prevents the front from being put back to stock via a rebuild (is there damage somewhere) ?

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
3/4" is alot. Are the ride tech arms different length from side to side? That far off wheels wouldn't even be even or equal within the wheel well openings. Nothing wrong with a stock front end rebuild. Depending on your over all goals. I have the alterKation front suspension kit on my Challenger for street/strip use with no issues. The advantages are lower ride height, less weight, more suspension travel, no torsion bars, I can install both sides 2nd Gen Hemi headers all welded together into 1 piece headers from underneath with engine in car in like 10 mins. More oil pan ground clearance and allowed to run a flat bottom 10 quart top fuel dragster/funny car type oil pan.

20150920_190437.jpg

20150922_184259 (002).jpg

20150922_184314 (002).jpg

rsz_20160414_201129.jpg

rsz_20160414_201144.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8664.jpg

HPP

Reaction score
what do you want to do with it? A decent handling set-up can be achieved with torsion bars, good bushings, maybe offset upper bushings or new upper control arms that allow more caster and a modern alignment (ie not the original spec).

It sounds like you aren't doing your own work. If so, a rebuild will hurt your wallet less than an Alterkation install.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Ehrenberg upgraded the stock suspension keeping the T bars & K frame & was able to get just over 1G cornering how much better can you get ?
, Would do as above , Borgeson steering box , bigger T bars , offset bushings for more caster , C body tie rod ends & sleeves , weld the K frame for better steering box & engine support , Adjustable front strut rods ,& good tires !

Back