• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Aussie Newbie

Hoedown

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, My name is Andy and I live in Queensland Australia. I've owned a couple of Valiant Chargers (Aussie built mopars) but I've recently sold my last one and would like to get into an 1970 Challenger. I'm pretty familiar with the platform but I'd love it if anyone could give me advice on what to look for when looking at a Challenger (Rust areas to look out for in particular.) Look forward to hearing from everyone.

Andy

charger.jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
Andy, welcome to the site, glad you joined us.....
We have a few members from down under.
Hold on to your hat, a lot of folks are gonna pipe in and tell you what you need to know before you buy your future challenger.
The best of luck to you.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Welcome from WA .
Are you looking at 1 in particular.
Have 4 x 70 Challengers

Hoedown

Reaction score
Not at the moment. I've got about 35-40 US to spend. Would really like a 440 car, not fussed on if it is original or not.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Should be able to get something decent in that price range.
I found an independent inspector to give a report cost about $200 Some so called restored cars can turn out to be rubbish
Ask for pics of everything,front & rear rails ,trunk ,lower quarters ,bottom of cowl around the brakes seam area ,floors ,around rear window etc.
Also if coming through NSW asbestos is a big issue

Hoedown

Reaction score
Awesome, yeah I have looked into independent inspections. Thanks for the advice on rust areas :thumbsup: I've found a shipping company in Brisbane who's pre cleaning process state side has been certified by Australian bio security. It's still a bit concerning though. the laws regarding asbestos on imported cars here are excessive.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas! And good luck with finding your challenger. 30-40k will get a very nice car.

Back