• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Backup light harness

valkman

Reaction score
Is this empty connector on the firewall for the reverse light harness?
20170407_110008_resized.jpg

valkman

Reaction score
Thanks Jim!
I'm in the process of fixing all the electrical issues the previous owner didn't, and you've been a great help so far!

Avalanche

Reaction score
I would think they should be the same, but not sure. The harness shown dosent have the wiring that goes to the reverse light on the dash. You will need to buy that separately and attach it to the harness.
Not sure if year one makes a complete harness with the reverse light and dash reverse light?

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
I recently spoke with Evans Wiring Harnesses. They told me that the manufacture only installed the dash indicator light on 4 speeds. My car originally came with a 3 speed on the floor and it doesn't have a dash light. Just today I just installed one in the location stated by Avalanche. I connected the backup light switch wire harness to that empty connector as shown on the pic from Valkman above. The wire harness has a small pigtail that is suppose to be for the dash reverse indicator light. But when I connected to indicator light to it, the light comes on and stays on when I turn on the headlights, whether or not the car is in reverse. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sergio

Back