• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best clutch 360 small block

Racecar32

Reaction score
Getting ready to change my clutch out on my 360 . Any recommendations before I buy ? Im not planning on drag racing it... just to cruise . The motor has a slight cam with headers nothing major .

Thanks

70chall440

Reaction score
I am a fan of McCleod products but I would recommend contacting the manufacturer/s and talking to them. Every car, build and driving style is different and what might work for one may not be right for the next.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree with McLeod being a great supplier .
You will have a 130 tooth flywheel so you have the option of 10.5" or 10.95" so buy the better 10.95"
You also have a choice about Borg & Beck or Diaphragm , I far prefer the B&B or B&B Long versions , The clutch engagement is weird with diaphragm type .

Racecar32

Reaction score
I am a fan of McCleod products but I would recommend contacting the manufacturer/s and talking to them. Every car, build and driving style is different and what might work for one may not be right for the next.
Thanks

Racecar32

Reaction score
I agree with McLeod being a great supplier .
You will have a 130 tooth flywheel so you have the option of 10.5" or 10.95" so buy the better 10.95"
You also have a choice about Borg & Beck or Diaphragm , I far prefer the B&B or B&B Long versions , The clutch engagement is weird with diaphragm type .
Thanks

heminut

Reaction score
Back when I had my 70 340 4spd. Cuda I always stuck with McLeod disks and a Borg & Beck type pressure plates. That setup never let me down.

Sinitro

Reaction score
McLeod no longer has the Borg & Beck pressure plates.. So I just installed a Ram B&B setup, so far it been fine, medium pedal pressure, got it directly from Ram. Also before purchasing I talked to Ram tech support they were very helpful and responsive..

Just my $0.02... ;)

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would choose a 3 finger B & B over a diaphragm type , too bad McLeod has abandoned them if true .

Sinitro

Reaction score
I just did a quick search of Passon Performance, Brewers, Jegs, Summit for McLeod they only show the diaphragm pressure plate...
Even the McLeod corporate site doesn't show any Borg & Beck pressure plates except a long finger Ford unit. So it seems the only brands that still have a 3 finger Borg & Beck pressure plate for Chrysler are Ram and Hays..
Perhaps somebody may have some obsolete inventory of the McLeod Borg & Beck pressure plate but can't say much more...

Just my $0.02... ;)

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I am running a dual disc Borg & Beck / Long hybrid 3 finger Mcleod clutch , I am sure glad I have it if it is not longer available .

Rons340

Reaction score
Give the folks at Brewer's Performance a call. They know everything there is to know about manual transmissions and clutches. Great people, that are friendly, knowledgable, and easy to deal with. They are a Mcleod dealer as well.

I have always used Borg & Beck pressure plates in all of my builds with no problems and long life.

Back