• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Brake warning light replacement where to find?

flamesoldier

Reaction score
1972 Challenger
My brake warning light is illuminated on the dash and the brakes work great. I read the switches go bad and will cause a ground. I looked online to find a replacement dummy switch i cant seem to find one any one known of a source?

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Yeah, those switches do go bad from time to time. I have had a couple fail. Luckily, I had a couple used switches from distribution blocks that I replaced the bad ones with. Someone must be making them since the new In-line proportioning valves have new switches. I saw a NOS Mopar switch on ebay a while back. The seller wanted over $100.00 for it so they must not be repoed for the general public. Maybe contact In-line to see if they know where.

flamesoldier

Reaction score
Yeah, those switches do go bad from time to time. I have had a couple fail. Luckily, I had a couple used switches from distribution blocks that I replaced the bad ones with. Someone must be making them since the new In-line proportioning valves have new switches. I saw a NOS Mopar switch on ebay a while back. The seller wanted over $100.00 for it so they must not be repoed for the general public. Maybe contact In-line to see if they know where.
I was wandering if they are removable or pressed in switches

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Wander no more......
They are threaded. If you have an old distribution block, they are the same. You shouldn't even lose any fluid swapping it out.

flamesoldier

Reaction score
Wander no more......
They are threaded. If you have an old distribution block, they are the same. You shouldn't even lose any fluid swapping it out.
I have this version which seems very rare for some reason i have front disc rear drum. Thats awesome but i cant find anyone that had a switch anywhere for sale

IMG_9928.jpeg

sixpactogo

Reaction score
The cast iron proportioning valve uses a different switch. I have a cast iron valve from a 7 Challenger that had the front discs. I have not tested it but it was working when I parted the car out about 10 years ago. Here are some pics of it.

100_1282.JPG

100_1283.JPG

100_1284.JPG

100_9797.JPG

100_9798.JPG

flamesoldier

Reaction score
Back